Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The specs: 93 P10 manufactured in August

SR20DE with 5spd manual

Beige interior (matching interior not required but is a plus)

Power seats (not heated)

Alright everyone, I need your help.

I’m looking to replace my drivers seat with something more comfortable for distance driving. I commute 20 miles one way for work and frequently make trips in excess of 50 miles one way on the weekends to take care of family. I am in my early 20s and I’m messed up from the neck down. A deep breath is enough to make something pop. With that being said I know a new seat won’t eliminate my pain but, anything to help reduce it would be worth it. I’m willing to spend a little extra if needed. I would prefer something a little lower to the floor since my head slightly brushes the roof even with the seat fully adjusted to the bottom. It’s more of a nuisance than anything.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would take the seat or a spare to a upholstery shop and have one specially made.

Note on color: They can get a close match but Nissan uses weird leather colors that can't be matched very well.

·
Registered
20,746 Posts
Are your current seats leather?

I think the cloth p10 seats with the manual sliders are more comfortable. Also they should be lower than the power seats.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
I was just going to say we did a 4200 mile trip in our p10 with cloth seats and I can't remember being more comfy as they were better than our former 2012 Jetta GLI

Where are you located? I have a pair of front beige seats still in the basement if that is of any interest. ...but I'm in the Chicago, IL area

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just going to say we did a 4200 mile trip in our p10 with cloth seats and I can't remember being more comfy as they were better than our former 2012 Jetta GLI

Where are you located? I have a pair of front beige seats still in the basement if that is of any interest. ...but I'm in the Chicago, IL area
Dang if you lived closer I might take you up on the offer. I’m all the way in WA state.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would take the seat or a spare to a upholstery shop and have one specially made.

Note on color: They can get a close match but Nissan uses weird leather colors that can't be matched very well.
Thanks for the info. I’ll keep the color matching in mind.

·
Registered
20,746 Posts
Dang if you lived closer I might take you up on the offer. I’m all the way in WA state.
I'll keep an eye out. I had an extra pair of cloth base seats last year, I gave to a local guy. I only have black leather touring seats in my hoarding pile currently. They are super high, not for tall peoples.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep an eye out. I had an extra pair of cloth base seats last year, I gave to a local guy. I only have black leather touring seats in my hoarding pile currently. They are super high, not for tall peoples.
I appreciate it. If you do find something I’m not too far way from you. I live in the Lakewood/Tacoma area. Maybe we can arrange a local pickup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts