Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Need to be quick off line

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  InfinitiLvr 
#1 ·
Hey, I have the Stillen intake, short shifter, and am ordering a Remus exhaust to put on, what would the BEST thing to put in to give me that quickness off the line. Help me out, I can't let my friends Prelude beat me again.

#2 ·
SR20DET
hotshot header
jwt cams
jwt ecu
add another boost to might as well

now go have fun

and BTW um yeah use search button lucky i got to you first or you coulda gotten it worse

case 1

case 2

NismoPC said:
There are so many freakin' duplicate and redundant posts on the forum right now it's unbelievable!

HOW FAST CAN I GO
WANT TO GO FAST
ENGINE NEEDS TO GO QUICKER
YO! Wat fAt ShIZnitz me Gotz to bUy sO Me SR20 fLyZ!

[/B]

#3 ·
Oh yeah, and learn to drive/launch your car. It's not ALL about the car. Driver input has a great deal to do with it too. That might be tricky if you're part of the unlucky 80% of G20 drivers that own automatics *like me :*( * well good luck.

#5 ·
I can go from 0-60ft in 2.1 secs. I did this by holding the revs at 3000 rpm then just lifting right off the clutch and flooring it. I tried a few different launch styles and this is by far the fastest.

#6 ·
slfdisplne said:
Hey, I have the Stillen intake, short shifter, and am ordering a Remus exhaust to put on, what would the BEST thing to put in to give me that quickness off the line. Help me out, I can't let my friends Prelude beat me again.

Simple.

1-Jun Lightened Flywheel
2-Dual Friction Clutch
3-underdrive pulleys

#7 ·
Neil82 said:
I can go from 0-60ft in 2.1 secs. I did this by holding the revs at 3000 rpm then just lifting right off the clutch and flooring it. I tried a few different launch styles and this is by far the fastest.
Wow that is really weird! I do the exact same thing. It's grrrrrreat!

#8 ·
Must be nice... with the lightened flywheel and stickier tires anything below about 4000 or so results in bogging the car off the line, although depending on my timing sometimes just over 4K will result in massive wheelspin, depending on how soon i'm on the gas and off the clutch.... the act/lightened flywheel combo is a LOT tougher to launch than stock, it's not nearly as forgiving. :-\

#9 ·
You might consider buying a Stage III clutch. It grips even at redline RPM's. That would make you faster at the line

#11 ·
InfinitiLvr said:
You might consider buying a Stage III clutch. It grips even at redline RPM's. That would make you faster at the line

That's not really true. A stock clutch would hold just fine for his G20. The only thing a stronger clutch is going to do is allow you to hold more power. The only time it really helps is if your current clutch is slipping. If your clutch isn't slipping upgrading won't really make any difference at all as far as power to the wheels.
Also, most aftermarket clutches will actually make it harder to launch well as the amount of travel (the range that engages (sp?) and disengages (sp?) the clutch) is reduced.

#12 ·
I say a big sticker across the front and rear windows, Here in arizona we prefer the Apex-R stickers they are proved to create a forward void in space thos pulling your car forward even when its sitting still.

But really try sticker tires and better suspension i know it helped with my car off the line even when i just had intrax they made a difference. Also learn where you should launch your car at on street and strip cause like it says here a lot of people have varing results my car launches the best at 5000 rpm so you need to do some trial and error to see how your car grips on the street and at the track. Good luck and smoke that damn prelude there not all that fast.

#13 ·
Blue93G20 said:
Good luck and smoke that damn prelude there not all that fast.

Actually, they kinda are... The Vtec models at least are... 200hp@7000rpms and 156ft.lbs at 5250rpms. That's with a curbweight very similar to a P10 G20t as well. They'll run a solid 15 second quarter mile stock and I think they put down about 160whp stock too. My friend has one up in Phx, a 2001 model and whoever gets off the line quicker/better stays ahead the whole way, although I've also raced other 5th gen preludes with mods and beaten them pretty good, so who knows.

#14 ·
Yeah it really depends on how good the driver is too. With equal drivers, stock for stock the Prelude would win I think. The Prelude was built as a sporty car while the G20 was built to be nice, so kinda hopeless to compare them.

#15 ·
JustinP10 said:
That's not really true. A stock clutch would hold just fine for his G20. The only thing a stronger clutch is going to do is allow you to hold more power. The only time it really helps is if your current clutch is slipping. If your clutch isn't slipping upgrading won't really make any difference at all as far as power to the wheels.
Also, most aftermarket clutches will actually make it harder to launch well as the amount of travel (the range that engages (sp?) and disengages (sp?) the clutch) is reduced.
Did not know that, mine clutch will slip at 5000 RPM. So, I can barely even peel out. That's why I thought my starts were slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.