Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a center support bearing for a 2002 manual. As I understand it, it connects to the passenger side axle. The shop can't locate one - and so far online my search has come up empty. Does any know the part number, or better yet a link to where I can locate one?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow up to how I got here, I just had both axles replaced (car is LSD). Since then trans fluid has been leaking. The shop says that I need a new center support bearing to fix this. From asking someone who has been around SR20s a long time, they've never heard of that going bad. They have a strong belief that it is almost certainly and axle seal that got borked on the install. Anyone have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks trbobrk. It turns out it is a problem with the replacement axle on the passenger side. I've now had that replaced with another replacement axle. Same damn result, there is a bearing part of the axle that pops back out after they drive it around a bit.Could this be indicative of being given a non-LSD axle by mistake both times? Unfortuantely I didn't have them save the original axle which worked great.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
maybe? non lsd will have a shorter section there, but longer for the outside portion of the axle. I think that it would probably bolt in but would be obviously too short/long for the application.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few other people have said the same thing, most likely it wouldn't completely fit. Next step will be to call the support line tomorrow of the company that made it. Now I wish I had held on to the original axles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was there, but I didn't get it in that pic - it slid down to the other end after they pulled it out.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
yeah so that part is supposed to be part of the axle. if it is coming apart, that is an axle problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts