Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had a negative 2.1* camber ever since i lowered my G, which is pretty normal. I know that i need a camber kit to correct this. But my question is: Im about to buy 4 new Kumho ASX's and was wondering if i kept my -2.1* camber, how MUCh will it effect my tires? Will it be minimal so i don't have to worry much about it? Or will i really wear out the insides of my tires so fast imma hafta buy new tires within the next year or so? Pretty much the point of my Q is to see if the camber kit is an absolutly neccessary or can i live without it? :eh:

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you keep the toe correct then that much camber should only help the handling really.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
It will wear a little on the inner edge, but it depends on profile, sidewall stiffness and inflation pressure. My rears have worn a bit with the -ve camber I have....not measured it but it's clearly visible.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
markbuts3 said:
It will wear a little on the inner edge, but it depends on profile, sidewall stiffness and inflation pressure. My rears have worn a bit with the -ve camber I have....not measured it but it's clearly visible.
What i don't want is to buy new tires to to the inner edge being worn out too fast. Im planning on the Kumho ASX 205/55/15's. What do you reccomend? Should overinflate the tire by a couple more pounds, or just inflate it to factory specs? My main goal is to see if i can avoid spending $225 on a camber kit without wearing out the tire prematurely...

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If the sidewall is stiffer and shorter and the pressure is higher, then the less compliant they'll be and camber will affect it more...

55 profile should be affected less with the tall sidewalls...

·
Registered
663 Posts
We usually wear out the outer edge first on a P10/P11 anyway, so some negative camber should make the tires last longer.

Mike

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
markbuts3 said:
If the sidewall is stiffer and shorter and the pressure is higher, then the less compliant they'll be and camber will affect it more...

55 profile should be affected less with the tall sidewalls...
so the best thing i can do is keep my tires at stock psi andsee how bad the wear is down the road then. If its really bad, then i'll be forced to get the camber kit.

thanks guys~!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts