Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a SR20ve engine for sale on ebay, what ECU is used with a SR20VE with an 5 speed Tranny cuz it being bundled with an AT ECU... does that work or does it utilize the CVT tranny with Auto ECU???

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
sr20ve's only came auto. I think it's still possible but not recommend because they are heavily tuned for the use of auto trans. The best bet and easiest thing is to use a JWT ecu. That way you can tell them your exact setup and they will build you own accordingly

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
You cant use the ECU anyway, you have a 2002. You would have to rewire/alter your harness to a B14 Sentra harness and run their ECU.

BTW: VVL pulls HARD after it engages... :) Im running the stock computer, but then I have a 1993 NX

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
IIRC you can use the stock ECU as long as its a pre-99 model, correct me if i'm wrong :-\ .

Rob

·
Registered
313 Posts
The VE ecu is OBD1 type. Your 02 Primera is OBD2. You will need to d a lot of rewiring of your harness to get it to hook up. Best option would be to get your DE ecu remapped to handle the bigger injectors on the VE and fit a set of Greedy switches to activate the cams...

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
92_G20_SE said:
IIRC you can use the stock ECU as long as its a pre-99 model, correct me if i'm wrong :-\ .

Rob
No you cannot, the harness is different

stracyznski said:
The VE ecu is OBD1 type. Your 02 Primera is OBD2. You will need to d a lot of rewiring of your harness to get it to hook up. Best option would be to get your DE ecu remapped to handle the bigger injectors on the VE and fit a set of Greedy switches to activate the cams...
The RR DE ECU cannot be remapped. My DE computer can handle the 333cc injectors, I just cant tune it, thats why I have an SAFC piggyback to go to the dyno with and tune the car. You can use a Greddy MSS, or MSD 8969 (what I have) to activate the vvl.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
nope. obd1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts