Discussion Starter #1
Best of the night:
Reaction: .698
I1 (60ft): 2.290 (ahhh hell yeah)
I2 (?): 6.545
I3 (1/8?) 10.082
MPH (I3) 69.716
1/4 mile: 15.755 @ 87.3

Yeah i was quite impressed since the only thing different was my tires. My MPH sucked though i bet with a better MPH like i usually run i could get it lower, but hey i'm pleased for now.

What do you guys think?

Mods:
JDM SR20
Hotshot CAI
Hotshot Gen 4 Header
ACT clutch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah higer compression 10.0:1 on the JDM and the US one is 9.5:1, supposedly about 150hp stock on the jdm but i think its closer to like 146-7ish or at least thats what i'm told.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Um.... that extra half point of compression is probably only good for a couple hp (2-3 I'd guess?). The 60ft is what did it. Nice job. Man i need to get out there on my Azenis and see what i can do. Last i ran a 15.4 at ~91.5 and i could do that with running a 2.5 60ft. :eek: Maybe 14.9x??? :nervous: :monkey:

Hey Jeff, NICE 60fts!!! just need MO-POWA =) Oh yeah, what did you set your tires too and stuff? did you drop the pressure, etc..? did you spin then and let them catch up etc...?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left them at i believe 35 in the front and 29 psi in the rear. I dropped it from 5,000rpm and it wheel hopped a little and then stuck and went it was nice. Yeah i need to get my mph back up then i can get my 1/4 mile down, last time i went i was hitting 88-89ish and this time 86-87 which is weak. Maybe i should put my timing to 19degrees and see what happens...

BTW:
Do you thing 469.06 is a decent price on GC's?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Someone, please chime in on this as I might be completely wrong and pulling all of this out of my ass. :confused:

Blue93G20 stated...
I left them at i believe 35 in the front and 29 psi in the rear. I dropped it from 5,000rpm and it wheel hopped a little and then stuck and went
You probably should have did the reverse, 35 in the rear and 29 in the front and shouldn't drop it at 5,000. Might getter better response dropping around 3,500-3,800 and much less wheel hop.

This would drop your times significantly.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i just left the tires at what the place that put them on at, put the psi at. since my car is real low in the front and higher in the back he said it would probably give me a better ride. Also i was dropping it at 3500 all night and it would bog and give me a shitty 60ft, but at around 5000 it was just about perfect, that and i don't think i can sqeeze a better 60ft anyways, but i'll try next time:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
NismoPC said:
Someone, please chime in on this as I might be completely wrong and pulling all of this out of my ass. :confused:

You probably should have did the reverse, 35 in the rear and 29 in the front and shouldn't drop it at 5,000. Might getter better response dropping around 3,500-3,800 and much less wheel hop.

This would drop your times significantly.

While I'd agree to raise the back tire pressure, I can't say i'd tell him to launch any differently. Those azenis bite pretty well, and if he was able to get a 2.29 60ft I don't think he'd do any better without going to slicks or a possibly with a dedicated drag tire. I don't think he's going to go much faster with that mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts