Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought yesterday a new 2002 G20 (non sport) with leather in the Midnight Blue color. After one day I can say I am glad I made the decision to buy it. While it doesn't have neck-breaking acceleration, I love the way it rides and handles. The seats are very comfortable and it feels solid as a rock. The dealer had 10 left on his lot and he wanted to move them to make way for the G35. I hope I will have many years of good driving.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
DSM said:
I have just bought yesterday a new 2002 G20 (non sport) with leather in the Midnight Blue color. After one day I can say I am glad I made the decision to buy it. While it doesn't have neck-breaking acceleration, I love the way it rides and handles. The seats are very comfortable and it feels solid as a rock. The dealer had 10 left on his lot and he wanted to move them to make way for the G35. I hope I will have many years of good driving.
Goodluck with the new car!! Youll love it trust me!!! =)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah the possiblies are endless with the G. Hope you have fun with it. Make sure you get some modifactions soon. You'll love the car even more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. The first modification I plan is to tint the windows. I am not sure I want to get into mechanical modifications at this time. What other modifications would any of you suggest?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Depends on if you want power or looks.

A good body kit followed by a nice set of rims and a lowering job to match IMO first.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
P.man is right. If you don't want to dick with the motor at this time some lowering springs and a nicer set of wheels will keep you happy for a while. But be very careful. Modding cars is slippery slope and you can easily get carried away. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I had thought about different wheels as a possibility. I will check on Tire Rack for some possibilities.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I wish I waited to buy my 2002 G20 Sport. Payed $27,000 and some change here in Cali with every option and some that arnt even listed. But now I can get the exact same car for about $22,000! Damn G35's are droping my G20's value to nothing...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
No kidding? I got some pocket change I should go to Infiniti and pick up a couple G's. :D

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Primera Man said:
Depends on if you want power or looks.
Go for power first, you have a perfectly good set of tires that will last you what 30K miles or so, plus the new rims on the G are pretty sweet. Besides, spending $2K on suspension, tires and rims right now would be a waste considering the car is brand new.

Spend the $2K on a set of Cams (JWT S3 - $570), Header ($500), Exhaust ($500), and UR Pulleys ($200) That would give you a great boost in hp, plus you may want to get a CAI or POP ($200). Then you will want to upgrade the suspension and tires. Just my opinion....why look fast when you can't go fast....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I say go for looks first :).

The G20 stands a part from other cars, but with a nice unique set of rims and a lowering job, it will definitely look different from OTHER G20's out there, not only other cars.

I started with looks and it made a world of a difference. Again, it depends on what YOU want. Tint is a good start, it definitely makes a cosmetic difference.

Enjoy your ride! :D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
welcome to your new life!!

i would suggest starting with an intake, then springs, then wheels.

enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm with racer and seneb, get an intake first. it's a cheaper mod quick to install, no internal changes and it gives you an immediate change in feel and the sound is grrreat. then you'll be thinking of spending alot more money...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input. I will weigh all the options against the funds I have available and come up with a plan to upgrade bit by bit. By the way, assuming I keep the same exhaust system, is it possible to put chrome tips on the two small tailpipes that come out of the muffler? I have done this on the dual exaust on my Honda Accord and it looks good. But the pipes on the G20 look like they bend downwards more than the Honda.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Slickkedar said:

I didnt realize that JWT makes cams for the 2000+ cams..........do they??
They do now. Call 'em.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts