Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide which ACT clutch kit to buy. Any advice would be great and does anyone know a place that sells them cheap?

Thanks, Russ

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
How much horsepower do you need to harness. I'd say go for a 3 puck clutch, that will be good for over 500hp at the wheels. It's a little rough engagement but will hold lots of power. ;)

Do some calling around and see what kind of deals you can get. I got mine for cheap on a group deal over a year ago. It was the street/strip setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am planning on doing bolt-ons..turbo possibly in the distant future. I have done more research am debating between the extreme discs or the street disc. They are about the same cost but i dont know which would be more suitable?

Thanks

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
If you don't have plans to go turbo the Street might be the way to go. Of course the extreme would hold more power but make drivability a bit worse. I've driven a 99 G with the street setup (not mine, it's not installed yet) and it was very civil.

If you are just after bolt-on you should look into the JWT upgraded clutch. That's a really nice proven unit as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting more confused

Would it be worth stepping up to the cluchmasters stage II, or are the ACT and JWT sets just as good or better???

thanks

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Check the SE-R archives for clutchbastards and you'll see how good the clutchmasters are for the SR20. Get ACT or JWT. For what you have planned teh JWT might be the best bet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmmm.....

ive been told that any sort of performance clutch will go quickly - since they are usually made to be dropped into place, slow starts and regular city driving can tear them to bits. thats just what im told, you guys are welcome to prove me wrong, since i sorta want a new clutch :smoke:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: hmmm.....

WolfInSheepsClothing said:
ive been told that any sort of performance clutch will go quickly - since they are usually made to be dropped into place, slow starts and regular city driving can tear them to bits. thats just what im told, you guys are welcome to prove me wrong, since i sorta want a new clutch :smoke:
Now who would tell you a silly thing like that?

:monkey: :monkey: <-- these monkeys?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, I have an ACT street disk with heavy duty pressure plate and it is VERY smooth, very soft pedal and I've been extremely happy with it. It's holding my ~145whp with no problems and I'm sure it'll hold after I get a set of nice cams, exhaust, etc... If you go turbo then maybe look into a 6 puck clutch with extreme pp if you're pushing a lot of power. If not, or you're looking for a low boost turbo setup or just full bolt ons then I'd stick with the ACT street disk w/ heavy duty pp. Don't forget about a lightened flywheel while you're in there =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts