Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is having a machine shop built some parts that will allow 300ZX brake calipers to mount to the G20. This means complete big brake upgrades under $1000.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
awsome

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will ask him for details, but this will be a bolt-on kit, so it will use 4x114.3 drilled rotors.

TobyT, I presume you mean will the larger caliper need smaller rotors than stock in order to clear? Answer is no - you won't need to get smaller rotors; the brakets are the main feature of the kit and this is meant to facilitate the use of discs LARGER than stock, not work backwards. ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only downside to this setup will be wheel clearance...17 or 18 inchers with certain spoke designs might be needed to clear the calipers. Again, when I get a chance I will ask for more details, and when it's test fitted on my P11 I'll snap some shots. I have OEM 16" Sport wheels for winter and 19" rims for summer so we can try both to test clearance.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trbobrk said:
What would be the benefit of this setup over the b15 brembo?
Cost? Also, does the Spec V caliper bolt right up?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes the Spec V does bolt up but the rotors are only 12" and 22mm. The 300z rotors are only 11" and 30mm wide. So he will have to find another option in regards to rotors. The maxima guys use the 12.4" by 28mm wide rotor along w/ 300z calipers for like $700. This option like all the other ones essentially give you more leverage and better braking. If you want a straight bolt on kit, look at this http://www.racingbrake.com/MAXIMA_FRONT_89_99_p/2047-141-0.htm Its a 13 inch rotor and 24 mm thickness. Or you can do what I did for $250 and get a 13 inch by 28mm rotor with Q45's.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok....got a bit more info.

We are aiming for 300zx KVR brakes (HOPEFULLY can get them drilled to 4x114.3 and not RE-drilled), steel braided lines, 4-pot 300ZX calipers, brakets for bolt-on application...and the grand total should be under $1000 as I guesstimated.

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
SucKit said:
Yes the Spec V does bolt up but the rotors are only 12" and 22mm. The 300z rotors are only 11" and 30mm wide. So he will have to find another option in regards to rotors. The maxima guys use the 12.4" by 28mm wide rotor along w/ 300z calipers for like $700. This option like all the other ones essentially give you more leverage and better braking. If you want a straight bolt on kit, look at this http://www.racingbrake.com/MAXIMA_FRONT_89_99_p/2047-141-0.htm Its a 13 inch rotor and 24 mm thickness. Or you can do what I did for $250 and get a 13 inch by 28mm rotor with Q45's.
Suck it
do these bolt right up to the p11? and do you have to put 17" wheels or bigger?
What calipers do you need to use and it looks liek its a 5x100 bolt pattern in the pictures...

·
Registered
210 Posts
o2G2o said:
TobyT, I presume you mean will the larger caliper need smaller rotors than stock in order to clear? Answer is no - you won't need to get smaller rotors; the brakets are the main feature of the kit and this is meant to facilitate the use of discs LARGER than stock, not work backwards. ;)
I was mainly thinking about what I've found on the subject of 300zx calipers and discs on G20 (P11 in my case), that the discs need 3mm skimming off the diameter to clear the caliper using the original hub mounting points.

If this kit comes with brackets so the 280x30mm size discs can be used without the neeed for disc skimming, I will bow down to you!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hmm this kit is to use 300zx rotors which are only 11"???
My setup bolts right up but you have to redrill the rotors and you need 17 inch rims. Either way for only $250, you can use the money you save for rims and tires or buy winter B15 Spec V wheels and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.