Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a few months now and have decided to keep my 95 G20 as long as I can place a new engine in it. From what I have read on the forums here a VE or VVL engine won't work? I have been looking at sr20det engines and read that if it came from a DET AWD it will fit in a P10? This is the motor I am looking at and I am just wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is compatible with a p10as long as I transfer the new engine wiring loom over as well? Here is the link for the motor ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Blue...Parts_Accessories&hash=item257e4459fc&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll be swapping in a VE in my P10 as well. What motor you go with really depends on what you want to do with the car (unless you have retarded emissions laws like CA, ha ha). Also, be very wary of Ebay engines. I personally get motors from Venus-Auto.com (out of Sacramento), and have been for the past 10 years or so. I'm sure there are many other reputable engine importers that would be far better than chancing an engine from Ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Whatever route you go, swap all of the sensors, injectors, the distributor, and the MAF over from your current sr20de to the sr20ve or sr20det. If you decide to go with the VE, search how to modify your sr20de distributor to fit properly on a VE head.

This is the simplest explanation you will find to get the motor to run properly, but not recommended that you run the swapped motor like this for months on end. Eventually with any motor swap, you will need a chipped or tunable ecu that can support the higher hp, and more air/fuel those motors will need for a healthy tune and a long life.

Do not try running the sensors, injectors, maf, or distributor that came on the ve/det motor you purchased with your stock sr20de ECU. It will not run properly and the tune will be piss poor.

There are plenty of more threads out there with more details on how to get the most out of your swap, you will need to search and read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome guys thank you! So as long as the newer engine has a full loom and ECU I should be fine? I've heard that with turbo motors you have to fabricate the front motor mount? Really I'm not super set on a DET just a new motor that runs well with maybe a few extra horses. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Awesome guys thank you! So as long as the newer engine has a full loom and ECU I should be fine? I've heard that with turbo motors you have to fabricate the front motor mount? Really I'm not super set on a DET just a new motor that runs well with maybe a few extra horses. Thanks!
My suggestion was to use your stock sr20de harness with the stock sr20de injectors, sensors, distributor, and maf on the sr20ve or sr20det engine. Do this until you can purchase a tunable or chipped ECU that is mapped better for your specific engine with larger injectors. This keeps all of your USDM sensors/parts in tact, and is also easier to source replacement parts when needed. JDM maf and sensors are much more difficult to come by.

Some people run the sr20ve or sr20det with the harness, ecu, sensors and distributor that come with their motors, so it is possible.

You'll have to search and read up, all of the knowledge is out there, and there are many ways to tackle a swap.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
The VE works great in a P10. And you can use the P10 wiring harness with no issues. Is your car a manual or auto? What part of AZ are you in? I'd be happy to show you my install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.