Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I'm totally new to this forum site and somehow last night I got really interested in a G20.

But let me introduce myself.
My name is Jhay..I am 21 years old..Filipino..I live in Canada..drive a 91 240sx coupe.

I dont know much about Infiniti's but I know this would be the right place to go and get answers.

And I'm wondering for the Canadians how much are the new G20's with most of the features? They seem pretty expensive.

How are these cars on gas milage? Realiable? With mods easy HP gain? Alot of aftermarket support?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im acually in central Canada..Winnipeg Manitoba to be exact..so I guess not to far from T.O

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
:)

Well, look through these forums and you'll get lots of info. For example, www.infinitipartsusa.com sells g20 stuff for very reasonable and this month is free shipping (not sure about Canada though)...

and BTW: I'll be driving through Winnipeg right around May 26th on my way to Alaska from Chicago. ....so if you see a Pearl White G20 with Illinois plates... that will be me!

We may or may not be staying in Winnipeg for a night... It all depends on how far we make it each day. We are planning on leaving on Friday the 24th and am not sure if we'll make it through Madison, WI or not. ...so we may be in Winnipeg on the 25th for the night if things go very smoothly... otherwise we'll try to make it to Saskatoon next overnight.. but it all depends on how much driving we can handle per day.

Let me know if you can recommend somewhere to eat and/or stay in Winnipeg though!

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice a Winnipeg drive through..maybe we can meet up sometime..

I'll look into whats a nice place to stay..

Can you tell me more about your G20? Or any G20.

How much is the costs of one? For sure 5spd...heated seats and windows..6CDplayer..foglights..sunroof..

Also I dont know what the P10 and so stand for? Is Primera like the Japanese version of the G20?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Actually, Infiniti G20 is the N.American version of Nissan Primera, not the other way around. :knockout:

P10 is the chassis code for the Infiniti G20/Nissan Primera. The two cars are exactly the same (except for left/right hand drive, duh) so you always know what a car is by chassis code. No matter what country a car is sold in, the chassis code is universal. Your '91 "240SX" for example, is an S13. In Japan, it was sold as either 180SX or Silvia, and here in N.America it's 240SX. So what...it's STILL an S13. ;)

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
G20's

If you do enough searching, you can find a good 5-speed... I wouldn't worry about fog lights because you can add them yourself afterwards pretty easily.

Just check the classifieds here and ebay along with auto trader and whatever other sources you have in Canada.

I know someone from Monteal is selling a G20.. but it may be an automatic (check the classifieds).

You may want to take a trip to Toronto to pick on up if you find what you are looking for.

My overall average has been right around 24mpg (stock) but I get around 30mpg on the highway..

Sorry, I'm not good at conversions to kph so maybe one of the Canadian's can answer the mileage one..:paranoid:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm I was kinda looking into the newer style models..it looks sweet ass....i think its '98 and up that have that look I like.

Through what years are the HP changes?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
There is no 98 G20 :) - so I think you meant 99 and up.

I bought my used 99 G20 for $24,000 CDN before taxes. So, $27,000 CDN.

You can get yourself a 2002 sport package I'm sure for a good price. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a newer G20 for cheaper than what I paid, since the new G35 is out and dealerships are trying to sell off the G20's.

Fuel Consumption from the pamphlet..

4 speed auto: L/100km (mpg) 10.2(28) - city, 7.1(40) - highway
5 speed man: L/100 km (mpg) 10.0(28) - city, 6.9(41) - highway

The car is very realiable - it's Japanese of course ;). Great handling, underpowered - but with money and time, you can save up for a turbo.

There is a good amount of aftermarket support - not as much as Honda/Acura obviously, but you can get the bare essentials. Pop in a Header and CAI and you'll be getting some decent HP gains.

The Sr20de engine is a great engine, so you could turbo charge your ride in time.

Bodykits are rare for the G20 in the US, but you can get a full bodykit from Japan if you have the money.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think of the G20 as having far more potential than any Honda OR Acura. The SR20 engines are the most potent four cylinders you'll find, and the G20 itself is just a better looking car than any Civic. There aren't that many body kits or anything like that, but IMO, the car doesn't really need them. It's a great looking car as it is. ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome

Welcome New Guy!

heated seats
Oh now were in the lap of luxury...

Honda Guy: "Yeah mine, I got straight 147 hp to the tires after my mod's. what joo got foo?"

Infiniti guy: "Heated seats! Come get some!!!!"

My Grandpa has an $84,000 Q45 I betya his has heated seats...

<---Scratches head

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Welcome

Icudie said:
Welcome New Guy!

Honda Guy: "Yeah mine, I got straight 147 hp to the tires after my mod's. what joo got foo?"

Infiniti guy: "Heated seats! Come get some!!!!"
Yeah!

But not only that, but we have NISSAN under our hoods, and straight 147 is crap compared to what the SR20s can do with comparable mods. Don't know what an SR20 is? Consider the fact that it's what's in the JDM Nissan Silvia, Pulsar GTiR and other go-fast cars. It's capable of HUGE power if that's really what you want.

But the car is nice too.

:p :p :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
atomic-G said:
There is no 98 G20 :) - so I think you meant 99 and up.

I bought my used 99 G20 for $24,000 CDN before taxes. So, $27,000 CDN.

You can get yourself a 2002 sport package I'm sure for a good price. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a newer G20 for cheaper than what I paid, since the new G35 is out and dealerships are trying to sell off the G20's.

Fuel Consumption from the pamphlet..

4 speed auto: L/100km (mpg) 10.2(28) - city, 7.1(40) - highway
5 speed man: L/100 km (mpg) 10.0(28) - city, 6.9(41) - highway

The car is very realiable - it's Japanese of course ;). Great handling, underpowered - but with money and time, you can save up for a turbo.

There is a good amount of aftermarket support - not as much as Honda/Acura obviously, but you can get the bare essentials. Pop in a Header and CAI and you'll be getting some decent HP gains.

The Sr20de engine is a great engine, so you could turbo charge your ride in time.

Bodykits are rare for the G20 in the US, but you can get a full bodykit from Japan if you have the money.
Hmmmm a big jump now for me...from my 91 240 which was 8G's to something of close to 30G's...damn...I stil have about 5G's left to go..and I had my 240 for 2 years now....feels like forever to pay it..imagine 24-29G's!!
10.03 an hour I make......maybe leasing for now? 4 years?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wondering but with the G35's(is that it?) out will the prices of the G20's go down anytime in the future??

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Impact said:
Just wondering but with the G35's(is that it?) out will the prices of the G20's go down anytime in the future??
The price on the used market won't be affected, only the price of the remaining 2002s still left on the dealers lot. Dealers are now getting the G35s, but still have a couple G20s left. They will sell them cheaper just to have more parking lot space for the new G35s. They might even sell them so cheap, it would be cheaper to buy a new one than one that is 1-2 years old. Doesn't make sence but that is how the world works.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
yes.. I've seen evidence of this...

I've seen used G20's advertised for between $19 to $21K and you can pick up a brand new one with zero miles left at dealers for between $18K and 21K depending on options. ...so why bother with used right now if you plan on spending right around $20K anyway?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts