Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
The Emo Kid.
Joined
·
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you read, when i was interested in turboing my AT, the issue i had was the torque converter (thanks to koojo for helping me understand this)
As your automatic changes gears, you dont let off the gas, therefor the boost from your turbo never drops, which puts a huge strain on the torque converter and tranny.

Well i have just been informed that YES, in fact the torwue converter from a DET will fit, so long as you get the flex plate too. the TQC has a 4 bolt pattern on the DET whereas ours has 3, and this is why you either will need to get the DET flex plate, OR redrill your holes.

This should provide a simple solution to saving your tranny while turboing your automatic car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,383 Posts
nice find...I think the 99 torque convertor has 4 bolts that attaches it to the flex plate...so you might be able to use those, ill check and see here in a few.
 

·
Questioning Answers
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
ahhh sheet!! i may be turdbo sooner than later.........which in turns lets me save money for my 6spd :smile:
 

·
The Emo Kid.
Joined
·
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yahnozha said:
nice find...I think the 99 torque convertor has 4 bolts that attaches it to the flex plate...so you might be able to use those, ill check and see here in a few.
that would be awesome to know, and perhaps cheaper. and just REALLY lucky for 99 guys
actually, it seems like 99 is the best year to get anymore... anything newer just becomes a hassle when going boost and whatnot
 

·
JDMike!!!
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
that would be awesome to know, and perhaps cheaper. and just REALLY lucky for 99 guys
actually, it seems like 99 is the best year to get anymore... anything newer just becomes a hassle when going boost and whatnot

we are so limited when finding parts...but i was happy when i got that extra 5 hp when i was stock... :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
yeah..so...anyone wanna sell me a det tqc and flex plate? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
The torque converter from an auto 92' NX2000 I parted out has 4 bolts also.

So assuming the DET tc solves the stock tc breakage problem does that not make the auto tranny itself the next weak link?
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,091 Posts
nicw now i wish i did not throw away ll my auto det stuff.
steve does that mean ill se you for the turbo install? cuase i would really wnt to make sure it is done correctly the first time.
But god i want to do a ve for someone so bad but know one wants one. im getting a bit aintesey
 

·
G20 OG
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
p10det said:
nicw now i wish i did not throw away ll my auto det stuff.
steve does that mean ill se you for the turbo install? cuase i would really wnt to make sure it is done correctly the first time.
But god i want to do a ve for someone so bad but know one wants one. im getting a bit aintesey
how much for the install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
So as many of you read, when i was interested in turboing my AT, the issue i had was the torque converter (thanks to koojo for helping me understand this)
As your automatic changes gears, you dont let off the gas, therefor the boost from your turbo never drops, which puts a huge strain on the torque converter and tranny.

Well i have just been informed that YES, in fact the torwue converter from a DET will fit, so long as you get the flex plate too. the TQC has a 4 bolt pattern on the DET whereas ours has 3, and this is why you either will need to get the DET flex plate, OR redrill your holes.

This should provide a simple solution to saving your tranny while turboing your automatic car.
ha, dude you owe me 20 bux, cause i just saved yo ass... lol
 

·
The Emo Kid.
Joined
·
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i called it a torwue converter in the first post :zoinks: i mentioned in the other thread that i always type it "torwue"

anywho, why do i owe you 20? haha
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,091 Posts
tealturboser pm me and i will work you out a deal. I think with you haveing a 02 might make the install a lil more challengeing.I would like to give you the best deal i can. If you have any info on the parts you have ad that to pm.
let me also know when you want the install started. I will have to work something out with my boss so i can use the nissan shop. He may charge me
 
1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Top