Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christ on a cracker people! I have tried to post on this site for almost two weeks thanks to my email account. :-\

Anyways, I just sold my Maxima to get rid of my car payment and buy a SR20DE powered G20. Overall, I like the car, but I have few questions (keep in mind I have already used the search button to the limit):lol:

Does anybody have a link with pics on how to remove the AIV emmisions shit? I think its a waste of space and its preventing me from installing my intake. I know I can just slap on a breather filter, but I can't find one (locally) that will fit.

Also, I'm my car is knocking/ pinging a little bit while on idle. It sounds like its coming from under the valve cover and I suspect its a shim or bad lifter. Any thoughts? Anybody here ever had this problem?

Hope to hear from you guys soon and if any of you guys are in phoenix, check out www.arizonastreetracing.com/forum

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
WELCOME to the fam. Ill be in phx this weekend but that is for shits ang giggles....no time to have fun with others...Congrats on the *new* car, hope you become a regular....

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
StabMasta said:
....(keep in mind I have already used the search button to the limit):lol:...
Well done my friend. Just that statement alone will win you a lot of friends.;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Casual,

When I first bought the car, I filled it up with 92 octane.... Still pings, so I doubt its the octane count. I'm just going to rip off the valve cover and take a peak see later this week.

If I post a pic of my engine bay, can someone here tell me what AIV emissions shit I need to take out and hoses to plug up? I just installed a ghetto intake from my old Maxima, so don't laugh when I post the pics.:lol:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
funny pic on your signature lol
2 notes to you one make sure you unscrew the bolts on your valve cover in the correct oorder of the screws so you dont crack your gasket head if u need info on this just post again asking
and second did you try putting back the stock intake and seeing if it makes the sound
the ghetto intake has been known to give dsome bad reults
casual

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I just installed the intake last night and I've noticed something knocking around for about a week. So I know the intake isn't the problem. Regardless, I'm going to drive the car until she blows, but I would like to prevent any expensive maintenance. I already have money saved up for a JDM SR20 just in case. I would like to save up another $1000 and go with the DET, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

:asian:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i would go for the det and as far as reliability i would go to to a spot nearby like a shop that can have them in stock thats the best way to get them because you can check them out for yourself unstead of buying from the net or by phone
casual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts