Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of weeks of lurking and making good use of the search feature, I finally decided to join the forum.

I finally got rid of my Accord and got a 2002 silver G20 Sport... been driving Accords for years! Albeit a slightly smaller car but more fun to drive... 5 speed makes a huge difference! :naughty: The car looks too "stock-y" right now so one of the first things I'd like to do to it is tint the widows. Any recommendations for a shade or type of tint for the silver ride?

Glad to have found this forum and glad to have joined. :cheese:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here's a photo. There are a couple more in my gallery.

35% front driver and passenger side windows.
5% rear doors and rear windows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking rides!

Since I don't know jack about tints right now, I'm guessing that the higher the percentage, the darker the tint right? The only reason I wanted to confirm is because G20tdriver83's front tints (35%) for some reason look lighter than the rear's (5%). Also, green96ser's (32%) looks darker than G20tdriver83's rear.

Unless it's just the pics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
no you got it wrong the loewr the percent the darker the tint my p11 has 20% if your seats are black it will look dark but not to dark

·
Registered
526 Posts
make sure to check and see what the laws are where you are about tints also. Some states wont allow a percentage below thier selected number. IE only let 30% ect ect

also welcome to the forum. It'll be your homepage in no time:thumbsup:

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
same color as me =)
btw, you say its a sport, but it doesnt look like you have sport rims, and the sidemarkers closest to your front door arent clear... which implies not sport... does your grille have angled slats or vertical, and are your headlights completely silver, or partly black inside?

EDIT
ahhhhh crap. thats not his car. lol
mine are 35% i think

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
you can do mirror tint, like mine, but you might run the risk of a fix-it ticket at any time. in California, any mirror is illegal, and any tint on the driver or passenger is also illegal. so my front 2 windows are the lightest shade of mirror, and the rest is full mirror. this tint wan't made for cars, so you can only wash the insides of the windows with water. any chemicals or alcohol will make it peel.

welcome to G20.net!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn P11Gdub, those mirror tints look sharp! Unfortunately can't get them here in Illinois... I'd get stopped by the cops every 5 minutes (and that's without any donut shops around!).

OK so the lower the percentage the darker the tint... got it! Thanks for the clarification! After looking at all these pics, I'm thinking I might start off at 50%. My interior is already black and I don't want to get them too dark. PLus I gotta keep thise damn state laws in mind! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
trickijedi said:
Damn P11Gdub, those mirror tints look sharp! Unfortunately can't get them here in Illinois... I'd get stopped by the cops every 5 minutes (and that's without any donut shops around!).

OK so the lower the percentage the darker the tint... got it! Thanks for the clarification! After looking at all these pics, I'm thinking I might start off at 50%. My interior is already black and I don't want to get them too dark. PLus I gotta keep thise damn state laws in mind! :rolleyes:
ya specially with IL, IIRC any tint on the front driver and passenger side is illegal back and rear however u can paint black if wanted..lol

however i noticed alot of times it is the state troopers that enforce it more, however if you have REALLY dark tint (a friend of mine had it so it looked like his windows were painted black) even the passing by cop will give a ticket.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
welcome the gnet and its great to see a fellow chi-town-aster mr. kustom on irving park rd does awesome tints.. also theres a shop in wisconsin that does tints really cheap and good, if ou roll up with 5 or more people they drastically drop the price to like 75 i think..
rush

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
trickijedi said:
ty. but didn't you read Madmike1029's sig?
"Everything is legal...........unless you get caught."
let's see pics when you get the tint done.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
P11Gdub said:
ty. but didn't you read Madmike1029's sig?
"Everything is legal...........unless you get caught."
let's see pics when you get the tint done.
exactly, which is why you see ALOT of cars in IL with tint on the front windows even though you cant. personally i rather have a light tint all around (minus windshield) than dark in the back and none in the front

·
Registered
199 Posts
re: TINT

Can someone please tell me what kind of tint that it...I know its mirror tint...but is there a specific manufacturer. I have been searching for this type of tint for some time now, but all the shops I call only have shades of black. P11GDUB what % do you have in the front windows? How does this compare/different than a metallic tint? From a few of the photos it appears to have a greenish hue..is this right...like those office buildings or the lexus RX300.

Thanks

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Madmike1029 said:
exactly, which is why you see ALOT of cars in IL with tint on the front windows even though you cant. personally i rather have a light tint all around (minus windshield) than dark in the back and none in the front
after having this tint scheme for a while, i'd rather have it light all the way around. i HATE the no tint in the front (did that on my Accord bc of ticket), but went light to avoid tickets. i'm not sure about other states, but in California, if you have the right eyeglass prescription you can legally tint your front winshield.

gtoronto20 said:
Can someone please tell me what kind of tint that it...I know its mirror tint...but is there a specific manufacturer. I have been searching for this type of tint for some time now, but all the shops I call only have shades of black. P11GDUB what % do you have in the front windows? How does this compare/different than a metallic tint? From a few of the photos it appears to have a greenish hue..is this right...like those office buildings or the lexus RX300.

Thanks
well i don't remember the %, since it was done over 3 years ago. but it's actually the lightest shade of mirror tint they carried. the shop told me it's actually tint for building windows, so i can't use any chemicals to clean the insides of my windows. that'll make the tint peel and get f*cked up, so i can only use water. i'll try to get you more details about the tint by Friday, and i'll take better pics that show the tint more clearly.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the group...

I need to get my windows retinted, so I recommend going a lighter up front and dark in the back...

silver for your car IMO...

Welcome! again...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts