Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a while of secrecy I can't keep these new developements quiet any longer. I am pleased to announce that my shop is in the process of fabricating some carbon fiber parts for the P10 G20. At my shop we have already done some work with carbon fiber and we are getting ready to produce some parts for the P10.
Here are some things we are already in the process of working on on my G20.......
trick carbon fiber subwoofer box in the spare tire well (almost complete)
Carbon fiber front splitter
New Carbon fiber door plliars
Fiberglass and carbon fiber rear deck
Interior Carbon fiber A-Pilliars
Full Carbon fiber Trunk Lid- Only around 18 lbs, this thing is insane (requires removal of inner tails and modification of trunk lock)
A Few Carbon Fiber engine dress up items
many more parts to come.....

I just wanted to wet everyones appetite for a while. We are trying to have the parts for my car done by the first of May. All parts will be clear coated for a nice shine. Once we have perfected them, I will begin to offer things on a made to order basis. I will post pics of some of the items soon. If you have something you want made, give me some ideas.
:cool:

· Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarification....

The rear deck (piece where the rear speakers are) is fiberglass and carbonfiber (it is more of a one off item)

You guys are actually going to make a fiber glass trunk. Shit!!! I need that man. These stock ones are tooooooo freaken heavy.
The trunk is full carbon fiber, no fiberglass. This trunk will actually pop up when you open it. The mold is being made over my trunk, so it will be flush all the way down. We will try to get a hold of a stock trunk lid and make a form out of that as well. I will have more details and specs soon.

· Registered
709 Posts
im definetly looking forward to the trunk lid and pillar covers. any word on where i can get a c/f hood? i know there was a group buy but are they available for production now? how about a c/f lip for the p10 that would be sweet, maybe something based on the TE kit.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
the hoos are available for production, 400 shipped i think it was, i posted it on the longass thread so all the info is on the last 2 pages there.

i really wanna see that cf box!

· "says here on your chart"
6,768 Posts
that would be good to have a rear trunk lid, only if you made a hood and front fenders also since it will even out the weight ratio of the P10 since it is allready heaveir in the front. any interest in the fenders? i would pick those up in a second and the trunk lid

· Registered
3,755 Posts
What about the center consoul area? It's already a really light piece, but would make for some nice 'show'. I think the speaker box in the spare idea is fucking awesome dawg.

· Registered
2,844 Posts
yeah i might be down for a p10 trunk lid. i wont need new trunk struts after all

· Registered
709 Posts
95_g20_P10 said:

oh i have see it
my friends integra has a full carbon front end, skirts, rear bumper, pillars and hatch lid, its crazy, looks good close up, but honestly i think it would be better painted, since it just sorta looks like his car was in a wreck and was never bothered to repaint the parts after the acccident from a distance

· Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice nice id buy some CF stuff. so with this new trunk u getting rid of those vette lights?
The trunk will probably take longer than expected, because I want it perfect, and yes plans are in the works for some different tails. (the next ones will be from a nissan.....:cheeky: ) I will keep my current setup untill we can get a good carbon trunk done.

What about the center consoul area? It's already a really light piece, but would make for some nice 'show'. I think the speaker box in the spare idea is fucking awesome dawg.
Already done! The center console was just done about a month ago, all I did on that was a little resin, primer, and had it painted to match the car. It looks beautiful, it is already installed in the car. We also dyed the shifter and e-brake handle black. I had the armrest upolestered in black as well. Pics on this will be coming as soon as I can get them.

· Registered
2,921 Posts
Dude that is fucking [email protected][email protected]! I would be sooo down for the subwoofer box in teh spare tire well and the trunk!! Keep us posted on prices and when they have been produced etc...
Late

· Registered
1,924 Posts
radicalG20 said:

want it perfect, and yes plans are in the works for some different tails. (the next ones will be from a nissan.....:cheeky: )

huhhhh i got to thought what it could be, if either of my hunchs are right a nice headlight conversion would be hot as well. such as be s15 silvia prjectors???

· Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sub box details....

The full system is sponsored by polk/momo audio. The box is actually 3/4" MD fiberboard on the top sides (the rest is the tire well itself) and a carbon fiber mold on the top part and part of the sides. The subs face directly up. Really, it is a half box, the spare tire well itself serves as half of the box with our fabricated sides, front and back serving as the top part of the box. Everything will be sealed in place. The box is designed to sit about an inch or two above the trunk floor, so basically no trunk space will be used. There is no possible way to make the box 100 percent carbon fiber because it would not be strong enough to hold the subs.
BTW, the box will hold 2 12" Polk/Momo Generation 2 subs.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts