Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few projects in the works so I figured I'd start a thread to show the progress.

first project is carbon fiber splitters for my custom rear bumper. These will basically be a small accent piece that will hardly be bigger than the bottom of the bumper. More than anything they are to protect my custom bumper that I spent countless hours and many dollars making. I scrape on steep driveways and these will act as a skid plate. Here's the base for the project, I will be wrapping them with carbon fiber in a week or so when I have some time.

I'll try to get pictures up against the car monday so you get a better idea

Second project is kind of a part of another project that's been under way. I've been wrapping my headliner and pillars in suede, so I figured while I was in there I should update my video system. I decided on two 7" widescreen visor mount TV's I had an extra visor so I practiced on that today. making sure everything goes as planned ;)

I'll be cutting them into the suede visor next week after I paint the shrouds to match the suede.

The third project I've had for a while, but I've been waiting on parts to get started, now it seams everybodys doing it :( . Luckily I got the next parts I need coming soon so I can continue. HID bi-xenon projector headlights

the headlights are coming next weeks and then I can start retro-fitting

·
Registered
281 Posts
cool deal, i like your G its one of the nicest Ive seen hope everything works out

btw where on the island are you i live on LI too id love to see it in person

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P10maniac said:
cool deal, i like your G its one of the nicest Ive seen hope everything works out

btw where on the island are you i live on LI too id love to see it in person
I'm in nassau county

David99G20T said:
Good job on the visor install! Looks very flush and clean! Don't forget to post a how-to ;)
not much how to to post, I basically drew it out and cut the plastic. the only thing that was an issue was the depth of the LCD. I solved that by cutting the back of the mounting basket out so the trim would sit fluch with the visor, but the lcd would be raised up a little. in the picture you can see how it's kind of stepped. the trim will be painted to match so it will blend in alot better when done. I have a few more small things to do and the suede will be going in, and I'll put these in at the same time.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
njprimera said:
curious to see how the bumpers goin to look...
keep us posted on everything. its lookin good :thumbsup:
it honestly won't look much different. the splitters will be VERY subtle. they will taper off at the edges and be about 1/2-3/4" at there max. they are more for protection than anything, but will help tie the hood into the rear.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
91p10 said:
too many projects....... can you pls do a write-up on the bi-xenon install
agreed. can't wait to see everything man! I been wanting to do bi-xenon for a while but haven't found a good enough deal on the projectors i need. your projects always are an inspiration!

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
91p10 said:
too many projects....... can you pls do a write-up on the bi-xenon install
Madmike1029 said:
agreed. can't wait to see everything man! I been wanting to do bi-xenon for a while but haven't found a good enough deal on the projectors i need. your projects always are an inspiration!
I've been waiting for headlights for 2-3 months now. that's what been holding me up

lay2ie said:
a tip for retrofitting, never seal up your headlight lense until you finish adjusting the leveling
yeah I know, I've been doing a bunch of researching thanks

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cut the LCD into the suede drivers visor today. I still need to paint the trim ring. hopefully the passenger will get done tommorro

Here's some crappy pictures of the splitters. Hard to take them with one hand on the splitter and one on the camera :) . As you can see they are very subtle.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I painted the trim panels so they blend in a little. picture kinda suxs but in real life it matchs pretty good.

I didn't get to the other visor today, hopefully I'll get it tommorro

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Looking great Eric, I agree you should put suede on the trims also it'll make it looks better IMO....keep it up man :thumbsup:

Rob

1 - 20 of 315 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.