Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
56k no no .....new ride soon?

well not really new but my mom told me she wants to get rid of my car and have me drive her old car (E34?) 318i. i think thats what model, its like a 1998 or somethin but yeah. im getting her car and shes getting a new one and she said within the next year or so i can use that to trade it in for my new car at the dealership.

any ideas on what could be done?

5speed manual...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
318's are inline 4's, sooo if im not mistaken it's heavier than a p10 and has a lesser displacement engine, sooo it's up to you

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think you will be very dissappointed in a 318. I drove my friends in High school and had a hard believing it was a BMW. Or you could join the dark side......:):mutters:: P11 bastards....) :headshake:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
does anyone know what the hp is on the 318?

plus she just wants to get rid of my car and she wants a new one and said when i want to buy my next car that i can just trade in the 318.

i love my g but its auto. after learning how to drive stick and my moms car being stick its so much funner to me.

the car itself tho i like the g better.yeah. when i first got it i didnt even know what it was. and when i was 15 i didnt even know how to drive a stick and as much as i wanted one i was afraid to get it and not like it. so when we got that it was watever to me. but now that i've drivin my friend's old Civic SI hatch (ep) and his new Acura RSX Type-S i liked those soooo much better. but after driving my cousin's Evo :x thats the car i've been set on for SOOOOOO long. i looked at evo's when i was younger when the VII's were out and when the VIII's came to the US i was like 14 or somethin. but yeah those things are SOOOOO sick.

still would love to own one of my friend's cars. :drool:

wahwahwewah :naughty:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
1993longbeachg20 said:
i'd be late to work everyday if i had to decide which one to take.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
is that an actual silvia? i cant see which side the steering wheel is on

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
enkei54 said:
318's are inline 4's, sooo if im not mistaken it's heavier than a p10 and has a lesser displacement engine, sooo it's up to you
The 318 series weigh about the same as the P11's. Hmmm lesser displacement engine

About the lesser displacement in the engine. I think youre trying to say its not good as ours. The srd20de has displacement of 1998CC's which is much higher than the 318 & Civic SI. The 99-00 Honda Civic SI used the B16A2 engine which also had lesser displacement than the sr20de.

99-00 civic SI
Displacement CC's: 1595
Compression: 10.2:1
160 HP @ 7600RPM
111lb/[email protected] 7000RPM

Hey 1993longbeachg20 those are some nice ass cars in the driveway, 3 more cars will make one car for each day of the week hehe. Your friend must make bank. What year is that yellow mitsubishi?

the 318's in the U.S. were equipped with two type of engines.

1992-96 were equipped with the M42B18 which rated at:
Displacemnet: 1.8 L (1796 cc/109 in³)
Horsepower: 140 HP @ 6000 RPM's
Torque: 129 ft·lbs @ 4500 RPM's
Compression ratio: 10:1

1996-00 were equipped with the M44B19 which rated at:
Displacement: 1.9 L (1895 cc/115 in³)
Horsepower: 138 hp @ 6000 RPM's
Torque: 133 ft·lbs @ 4300 RPM's

hope this helps

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
the change to the 1.9 liter in the 318 was huge. WIth only 138hp, the car feels like it has a small supercharger when you get to 70mph plus.

Also, BMWs are known for throwing more hp to the wheels than most other cars, especially fwd jap cars. so despite 2 less hp at the crank, there's a good chance the 318 has more power than the g20. since it is a 5 speed it is a definitely compared to the auto g.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
G20in9sec said:
That STi is sooooo sexy dude.
White STi's + Gold BBS's = SEX!!
Those are actually Gold Volk CE28's. The family is sponsored by Volk and other companies through their racing sentra's. Those sentra's are for like time attacks and they FLY!
They smash on the STI and the STI's got about 400whp if im not mistaken. You have probably seen the STI and the EVO in Turbo Magazine. Project STI...they are trying to build it to 520whp, or thats what they had wanted it to. But the turbo blew and he's just driving whatever car is home or his ducati. Kids only 18 too :angry:

enkei54 said:
is that an actual silvia? i cant see which side the steering wheel is on
Yes that is a S13 silva from japan. Its actually up for sale if anyone is interested. Only serious buyers only. And here are the specs and contact info.

1991 Nissan (s13) Silvia Coupe
422 bhp
JDM right hand drive
CA Legal (Licensed and registered)
19K obo

Engine/Transmission
- GARRETT GT3037s turbo
- JUN forged pistons 1mm over
- TRUST 1.6mm metal head gasket (8.5:1)
- HKS 264 cam (Step 3)
- HKS racing valve springs w/ rocker arm stoppers
o No hydraulic valve adjuster
- HKS Racing Waste Gate
- HKS Racing Bypass
- HKS EVC (Blue) boost controller
- SARD 720cc Injector + fuel delivery rail
- TRUST high volume oil pan
- SARD 2 row core racing radiator
- HKS r-type FMIC
- TRUST intake manifold
- Complete custom fabricated Stainless intake/intercooler/exhaust system (Afterhours Automotive)
o Stainless bypass return line
o Stainless Downpipe
o Modified TRUST oil catch can with billet racing fittings
o New HOSE TECHNIQUE silicon couplers
o Aluminum air box integrated into front bumper
- RRC Titanium exhaust muffler
- Relocated Odyssey Battery (Trunk)
- ATS twin plate clutch
- ROUTE6 close ratio transmission
- CUSCO RS LSD (modified)

Suspension/Brakes
- CUSCO adjustable rear upper arms
- CUSCO pillow balled linking arms
o Traction/Tension/Toe
- CUSCO rear Strut tower bar
- SILKROAD rma-8 coilover (ride height independent of dampening) w/camber plates (8kg / 10kg spring rates)
- 5 lug conversion
- Solid Subframe collar bushing
- Z32 aluminum front calipers w/ braided SS lines

Exterior
- White/Gold paint
- OEM Nissan aero bumper
- OEM Nissan aero kit: side skirts, rear valence (not on the car)
- VIS Carbon fiber hood
- VIS Carbon fiber deck lid
- 5ZIGEN Fno1R-C (Matte Black) 17x8 (F), 17x9 (R)
o Falken ST-115 235 (F), 255 (R)

Interior
- Custom Built 4 pt Cage w/ harness bar (Technosqaure)
o SCCA legal
o Painted black
o Full Interior inside car
- 2x SPARCO TORINO II seat (Black)
- 2x SPARCO 6 pt Harness (Black)
- MOMO Black steering wheel
- White Face Gauge Cluster
- APEX’I Boost Gauge
- Carbon Center Console Panel w/ Oil temp & Engine temp gauges
- MOROSO Line lock (Launch Controller)
- NISMO shift knob

SERIOUS people message i will post pictures in a day or so.

714-6248454
[email protected]
aim-xaisforaaron

the thing that sucks is that the Evo 5 that they have is done. They were taking it out for the Mitsubishi Owners Day thing they have i think every year at Mitsubishi offices and they put new oil into it. Well everything was cool til they got off the freeway and heard a loud noise from the engine...they spun the main motor berring, and they're just gonna build the auxilary motor from the EVO 5 to put into the Evo 8.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
he had wanted to sell me his STI for around 22 with 50kmiles on it. but idk, it gets soo much attention as it is, plus its white. and seems like theres always something wrong with it. he can get it fixed cuz teh magazine fixs any problems it has and he told me if i was to buy it off of him it would be still in the mags so they would still build it up too. but idk, i dont think ima do that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts