Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I test drove a new SE-R (165hp version) with a 5 speed the other day. Unfortunately the dealer didn't have the V-SPEC. Anyhow, I was impressed by the more than ample low end torque the car had. The car accelerated strong from a standstill and had decent mid range. The high end , toward redline, seemed like it ran out of steam -probably could benefit from some mods.

It was definitely faster than my "G", benefiting from the additional 1/2 liter engine. If you get the opportunity, the Nissan SE-R is a fun ride to test drive.

Why didn't INFINITI put the 3.5 V6 in the small P11 ? Now that would be a bad a$$ ride....gosh, even the 3.0 V6 would probably deliver high 14's in the 1/4. I have a dream...the P10/P11 with a V6.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
95G said:
Why didn't INFINITI put the 3.5 V6 in the small P11 ? Now that would be a bad a$$ ride....gosh, even the 3.0 V6 would probably deliver high 14's in the 1/4. I have a dream...the P10/P11 with a V6.
Because the extra 100-150lbs that the 6 weights would totally throw off the handeling. Not to mention have you ever worked under the hood on your G. There would be 0 room to even change the oil. It's cramped enough in there already.

Now the DET or VE would have been much better options. VE would have been ideal and should have been stock. Of course it would have added a couple grand to the bottom line, but I think the G20 would have sold better. Then they could have made the SE-R with the VE. :( Oh well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah I always wondered that too. Why did they make the SR20VE only towards the end of SR engine production... only to have the entire line be scheduled to be replaced by the QRs and QGs? SR20VE... wish there were more of 'em...

Does anyone know if the SR20VE is longitudal or transverse mounted?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
FF Drifter said:

Does anyone know if the SR20VE is longitudal or transverse mounted?
The SR20VE in the Primeras is mounted the exact same way as it is in our cars and will bolt right in (just like a BB DET motor).
I think the SR20VET motor in the X-Trail mounts the other direction, since it's in an AWD configuration in that chassis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts