Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a picture of my system and just wanted to show it off. I just want to say thanks to everyone that has helped me with this whole project, these too many names to name so I'm just saying thanks to everyone and the forums for all the help. Anyways, in the picture theres 2 Alpine 10" type S subs and a Power Acoustik A1000DB, I also put in 4 new speakers and a HU.

heres some pics

also there is a slight pitch on the front of the box, it kind of looks flat in the picture but its not

sorry I don't have any pics of the box being built, I really wanted to get some but I finally got a new camera after my old one broke.

That box is a custom box for my 96 G, fits perfect in the truck. I still have the plans that I made up, if anyone would like them for there G. I don't know if the dimensions would be the same for different years but you can measure it all, just pm me and ill see what I can do.

·
Registered
653 Posts
i got new type-s subs for chrismas!!!!! the same as yours. but i have a better amp. lol a 500/1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
foreverzero89 said:
i got new type-s subs for chrismas!!!!! the same as yours. but i have a better amp. lol a 500/1
those subs are so nice, that hit hard and there really clean. I dont think I would have gotten anything else.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
my bro has 2 10's in a ported box with a smallish amp (old RF punch 250.2) and they sound great. nice choice

*edit- i meant to say 2 type S 10's

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Is it true that when you mount the Amp on the box the excess vibration can damage it? That's why I put my amp onto the back of the rear seat....

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
my directed 1500d decided to take a crap when i had it mounted on the box. i really dont know how much less vibrations it will see mounted on the back of the seat tho <shrug>. i sent it out and they fixed it for me but it cost at least $100. now that i have fold down seats i will probably try to mount it on the back of the seat this time around

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I went out to find some carpet for the box, I talked to some of the people there and they said that it shouldn't do anything, thats how most of them mounted there amps.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
k, cause I had a friend who said it was bad, that's what made me mount mine on the rear seat back... looks good though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guy, I was thinking about putting in 2 12" alpine type R subs instead of the 10" but thats like another $75 per sub and $100 for an amp, seeing that I only payed $650 for all of this.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have 2 12" s types with a 500/1 amp in a vented box and the system really pounds.....The trunk even pulses, just make sure you eliminate the rattle....cause when i put system up there is alot of rattle...so i had to use dynamat

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That's a nice set up. I have two 10" type S too in a sealed box and they are very nice subs. Mines are powered by an old Eclipse amp (34230) which gives them 380 watts RMS to each. :naughty:

tealturboser said:
you gonna put a grill over the sub?

However, if you put stuff in your trunk I recommend that you do put some grills, as I just learned the hard way yesterday about what can happen if you don't. Pics to follow :dead:

Demon

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
gomd3 said:
k, cause I had a friend who said it was bad, that's what made me mount mine on the rear seat back... looks good though :thumbsup:
To be honest, I think it is worse to mount them in the backseat. The reason why is that the vibrations most likely won't damage the amp. I've had many amps and I've seen a bunch of installers and they usually put them in the box. However, when the amp is in between the box and the backseat, there's not much space for cooling, and after a lot of use it will be very hot.

If you've had them like that for a while though, I don't think you'll have any problems, as by now you would know already.

Demon

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
yeah, I've had them in the backseat for around 2.5 years, only puts out 720 peak watts so doesn't need too much cooling...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks good, blackhawk.

BTW - did you replace the rear speakers, or just fronts and tweeters?
The reason I'm asking - I blew just one of my rears and would prefer
to replace just one, instead of overhauling both.
So if you _have_ replaced the rears - do you still have them,
and are you interested in selling one or both?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dktorcan said:
Looks good, blackhawk.

BTW - did you replace the rear speakers, or just fronts and tweeters?
The reason I'm asking - I blew just one of my rears and would prefer
to replace just one, instead of overhauling both.
So if you _have_ replaced the rears - do you still have them,
and are you interested in selling one or both?

Thanks in advance.
thanks, I replaced the rear two and the front door two speakers. tweeters dont work any more b/c of the after market HU.

I would sell you my rear speakers but heres the thing, both of them are in really bad condition, all the foam around the cone is gone, 1 of them I used in another car and for the other one I think I through it out b/c of the condition it was it.

If I were you I would get 4 new speakers, it sounds SO MUCH BETTER.

sorry I couldnt help

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for your honesty, blackhawk.
You could have tried to sell me the speakers anyway, but you didn't.
I appreciate it.

Yeah, I could get all new speakers but I'm actually quite happy
with the sound I'm getting from the existing setup and I prefer to put
more money into my home theater/music system. And so I really
just want to replace the one blown speaker at a minimal cost.

Oh well, I'll just keep looking, and will re-post in the WTB section.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts