Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the dealership for oil change/checkup. they recommended changing two worn out tires. they were going to charge over $300 for labor and two tires. no thanks.

what u think about these all season tires from tirerack.com?

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S. link below.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M&S&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=05WR60NMSV2&fromCompare1=yes&place=2&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=T

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
they look okay. i got the kumho ecsta AST. they were cheap and got good ratings. i havent used them yet but im sure they are good.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
check out your local Costco also...there is a current deal for $60 off Michelins/BF Goodrichs' ....they have excellent ratings and I got a quote for $323 OTD after taxes and road hazard with lifetime all that crap....lol....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
On my stocks I have Assurance tripletread, and on my aftermarkets I have nitto invos.......they both work great

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Also look into Michelin all season. they make great tires...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive been checking out tires around. my tire size is 205/50/16. i noticed that the treadwear on summer tires are usually under 300 and over 300 for winter. its hard to look at tires online because they all look the same, some websites dont say if its all season or summer, so how would u tell its a summer tire or all performance- by the treadwear? or what?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
ej_up_late said:
Agreed. Mine have been running like champs here in the slush, ice and snow. Pretty descent on dry pavement too.
+2 on the Yokohama Avid H4S.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kazmi- thanks for the heads up. i checked out costco and they have the michelin pilot exalto. i read the fine prints and it said the price include

Mounting
Lifetime balancing
Lifetime rotation
Lifetime flat repair
Lifetime air pressure checks
New rubber valve stem
Costco Wholesale's road hazard warranty.

on top of the $60 coupon, i think this is a pretty damn good deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
semi final decision-

narrowed it down to two all season tires- bf goodrich traction t/a and pirelli p6 four seasons.

summary of my research: i found that michelin's usually get the best praise. i dug in more and found that bf goodrich (now an aerospace manufacturer called bf corporation) sold their tire business to michelin's back in 1980's. so all the goodrich tires we see today are actually being handled by michelin's and michelin gets all the profit. i dug up some reviews by "tire people" and they find bf goodrich tire's to be more rugged and sturdier. along with other things, i just decided that bf goodrich tires are good quality for less price of michelin's.

about the pirelli's, they are the primary tires for subaru's in the world rally champ. subarus are pretty damn good with cornering and handling in those races. its impressive to know that they're using pirelli's tires.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Keep in mind that every manufacturer will vary model-to-model. It's best to go on Tire Rack and read reviews and look at the rankings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how do u like them? do u feel grounded? well i know the subaru are 4x4. so im sure they need some good hard tires because all that AWD driving must be wearing the tire out really fast. so if they're using pirelli's, then thats pretty good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts