Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after languishing in new member registration limbo for 2 months, I'm now able to past thanks to some kind mod setting me up! I've used this forum to decide to buy a P11 because I was looking for a daily that would 1)slow me down, 2)still look good, 3)not break the bank.

So here's the story so far: I picked up my P11 about 2 months ago. It's a 99 Sport with black cloth sport interior, manual with LSD and lowered on Eibach Sport Springs and KYB GR2s (I think). That is the only modification done when I bought it. Came with a CEL, sloppy shifter, missing sunroof plastic (which I see is common), nasty carpet, shitty tires, no radio, and 128k on the odo. Here it is when I got it:

As soon as I got it I did a couple of things:
*General tune up: plugs, rotor, cap, front O2 sensor, VC gasket, fuel filter, PCV valve, and oil change
*Replaced the shift linkage bushing and swapped the stabilizer rod bushings with Energy Suspension pieces,
*Replace the front sway bar bushings
*Lower control arms and ball joints
*Brakes all around with PowerStop ceramic pads and new rotors
*New passenger side axle
*Put in a radio
*Found a plastic sunroof piece that was only broken in one place :eek: and put that on
*Fixed the CEL (EGR hose under the BPT Valve was cut)
*Cleaned EGR tube and replaced all hoses that I could
*Finally, I cleaned up the engine bay and painted my valve color because it needed a little personal touch:

I also painted the front grill black, but I'll get pictures of that soon. I hope to learn much more from this community and help out when I can. I also own a 91 Honda Civic Si hatch with a B20 (CRV) running 10 PSI, that's my play car now! :teeth:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I found a silver on black cloth at the junkyard with all of the interior intact...went back the next day with a friend and a truck and they had crushed it! I just want to keep this thing running well and change out parts to more performance oriented versions when they start crapping out. I'm fairly certain that most of the 128k of mileage was highway, so it should give me 100,000 more.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yeah I had a 99" and last I heard a few years ago it was around 220k on the original engine, someone is still driving it to this day.
So you didnt get the the black cloth interior from the silver g20? I just took a road trip to Virginia to get the entire black cloth interior, which I am happy with.
What part of Orlando are you in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Winter Park and I teach Physical Science at Evans High School, so time for working on this rig and my other is very slim (at least until summer).

Yeah, I was planning on buying up ALL of the interior the very next day and they had already crushed the car! I was so pissed because it was MINT.
Thanks for the compliment. The valve cover took some time, but it's holding up well. Went with the Nismo colors which match the color of the car very well.

The P11 is pig slow and I'm a tinkerer by nature so my head is already swimming with Avenir swaps, suspension upgrades, etc. but I have to remind myself "It's your daily, it's your daily". :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.