Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Currently I own a Nissan 350z. I am looking for a nice little daily driver that is somewhat cheap and came across a 1992 G20. I just wanted some enthusiests opinions on if this is a deal I should jump on.

My budget for a daily driver is low, thats why this car is very attractive to me.

The car's original motor threw a rod and had a new "jdm" sr20de motor put in. It was converted to EGR and all that.

The Good:
Exterior is in great shape, its black and is very nice and shiney, no dents/rust/oxidation
The motor has lower miles and seems to run very smoothly and well
The price is cheap, he only wants $1000 for it.
Clear title.
Was used as a daily driver for the past year (not just sitting around)
New power steering pump
Newer tires
Alpine CDplayer :D
5 speed, seemed to shift without issue and I took the car up to 80 or so.

The Bad:
Interior is rough, the leather is pretty much shot, its not horrible, but its not in great condition
Speedo cable needs replaced, speedo doesnt work.
Needs new motor mounts, has vibration in the cabin at idle (he is providing new motor mounts)
One of the rear windows wont roll down, actuator is bad

Overall it looks like a decently nice car, especially for $1000. The owner says the motor has around 50k-60k miles on it but cannot be sure. The body has like 180k on it.

Sound like an alright deal? I mean, for $1000 I know I am not getting into the "perfect" car. But it seems like a good deal for what you get for that $1000.

Thanks in advance for your opinions! If i get the car I will definitely be a regular here!

Neil

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
sounds like a great deal to me even for $1000. lowish mile motor, runs well. doesnt vibrate between 55 and 80mph. 5th gear isnt popping out, and he is giving you the parts that need to be replaced. engine mounts arent that difficult to do. if the guy replaced the motor then he probably took good care of it. as far as interior goes, if you cant find a better interior at the local junk yards then look here for part outs, even the cloth interior is nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, i brought it home tonight, it runs very well, only problems is interior and speedo cable/motor mounts cause some vibration at idle. I will work on those things in the next couple weeks and then work on making it very very nice again. I will take pics soon! Looking forward to being part of this community as I am already a Nissan guy.... Here is my current car:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts