• 98-98 S14A

Votes: 14 46.7%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm really wanting to finish the G and Have Stacey drive it. :teeth:
I know, they're never truely finished but I'm wanting something diff as a toy.

I think I have it narrowed down to some pretty cool cars but am always open to ideas or info on anything related to my options. Here's my selections, feel free to vote and please explain why you chose that one. :cheese:

88-89 Supercharged Toyota MR2
I've liked these little things since I first saw one in 87. Quik, fun and good looking. The only thing I would be concerned with is that it only has 2 seats.

86.5-92 Toyota Supra MKIII Turbo.
Fast, sexy, pretty advanced as far as suspension and handling for the time with the T.E.M.S and also affordable.

89-92 Mazda series 5 RX7 Turbo.
Sharp looking turbo car, wide aggressive stance.

Last but not least.....

95-98 Nissan S14A
No need for explantion really..... :smile:

If I had to narrow it down instantly I would say Supra VS S14A but it would be fun to get any insight into the other ones as well. :smile:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Damn good choices...

The MR-2, Supercharged FTW! 1st gen is my favorite...

Friend of mine loves them to death, good grip cars, watch out for the oversteer though, it just comes around. Extremely good gas milage. Good aftermarket. Fun little cars.

The Supra, it's no 1993-1998, but, they can be made quick for cheap. Handling, eh, from what I'm hearing the thinking, decent because it's a RWD, but that's about it, suspension isn't godly, and it's pretty heavy.

The TII RX-7, nice cars, hard to find one in good condition though. But they handle pretty sweet from what I've seen in real-life action in my driving.

The S14 240, love the 1997-1998 over the 1995-1996, but I have a soft spot for the 1989-1992 fastbacks personally. Great cars, huge aftermarket, but finding one that hasn't been beaten on, and at a fair price, will be hard.

All said and done...

IMO...

S14, MR-2, Supra, RX-7

In that order...

Honestly, I think the S14 would be the best over all bet. Probably the safest car, being the newest of the group. Also big aftermarket, huge following, probably not the best handling, but has enough potential in all areas.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ Very well thought out answer, I appreciate that.
Whatever one I decide on will me an April thru September-October driver.
No bad weather driving for it at all, Just a fun car for spring & summer.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i lean towards the RX-7 just because im a fan of the uncommon.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
^^^^
i would be to if i didn't own one, sure everyone knows that they commit suicide all the time, but did you know that mazda makes the worst interiors as well as use the crappiest plastic possible?

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
haha dooo iiiiit. i don't know how much those other cars run, but the fbody might be the most expensive choice...? if cost is a concern, that is...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wifey said NO!!! to a late model F body. Then she said if you want an American made car like that then get a Nova or something like that as long as it's pre-72. Oy, so many cars to choose from & so little garage space. :rolleyes:

Based on the above results I should be looking for S14s although I did see an MKIII Turbo Supra for sale on CL locally. :cheeky:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eh, I dont know, 4K for something I can drive home probably. If its a musclecar then my options are wide open. Way to many old cars I would rock, some that would surprise a lot of people but still cool no matter what.

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/255696330.html <--- tee hee

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/254610272.html <--- not bad with a little work

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/242644178.html <--- poncho power!

just a quick look around craigslist in my area. HOWEVER, craigslist is crappy to browse for this kind of stuff. use muscle car forums (stevesnovasite.com or novas.net, for example) or a collector car site (cctol.com) to look for muscle. up in washington state there is plenty of action going around, i'm sure you're bound to find something. winter is the best time to shop!

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
davew7 said:
Eh, I dont know, 4K for something I can drive home probably. If its a musclecar then my options are wide open. Way to many old cars I would rock, some that would surprise a lot of people but still cool no matter what.
for 4k you can drive plenty of cars home to work on, especially if it's a nova. if you stay chevrolet, parts are cheap.

oh, and a lesson i am still learning right now: it's always cheaper to buy something already done. rofl. :smile:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
of what you threw up there the heavy chevy 'bu would be the best choice. 7 grand and needs nothing. shoot, i wish my nova didn't need anything after spending 7 grand, lol...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts