Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I recently got rid of my 1992 Toyota Previa, for a 1994 G20 with 64,000 miles...Being that I am new here and new to "cool" cars in general (more a Technology guy Computers and the sort) wanted to get some people opinions on "stuff" other then what I learned from the Fast and the Furious, k thx.:cheeky:

1. What Gas do you Prefer? I use Texaco a buddy uses Chevron with Blah Blah...Does this really matter?

2. What is this switch in my car next to my Shifter (AT) says Power/Comfort, what exactly does this thing do?

3. What is the Diffrence between P10-P11 and what does that crap mean anyway? What makes my Car Diffrent from 93.5?

4. One of the first things I am going to "replace" is the Tires any Suggestions I want a compromise between style and speed (keeping nice alloy stock rims)

5. Where is a good place other then this website for my Type of Car (94 G20) and G20 sites would be nice but looking for something more specific?

6. How you wash your car any "Luxury" treatment? Do you Hand Wash, Hand Pressure Wash (liek drive up), Drive Thru or like Detail?? (Sorry if thats a kinda stupid ?)

Thanks ahead for your time and any answers you peeps might have....

·
Registered
863 Posts
Icudie said:

3. What is the Diffrence between P10-P11 and what does that crap mean anyway? What makes my Car Diffrent from 93.5?

4. One of the first things I am going to "replace" is the Tires any Suggestions I want a compromise between style and speed (keeping nice alloy stock rims)

5. Where is a good place other then this website for my Type of Car (94 G20) and G20 sites would be nice but looking for something more specific?

6. How you wash your car any "Luxury" treatment? Do you Hand Wash, Hand Pressure Wash (liek drive up), Drive Thru or like Detail?? (Sorry if thats a kinda stupid ?)

Thanks ahead for your time and any answers you peeps might have....
The P10 is the chasis name of the car, p10 is the first model, from 91 to 96 and p11 is from 97 (except in the usa) until 02. P12 is the new Primera model (not going to USA, you people are getting the G35).

There is a few others places for getting info, you can find some links on the signatures of the people here. Also, there is SR20net.com. SR20 is the name of the engine in your car. You will see that a lot here. Also there is a lot of info on the previous site for this forum (automotiveforums.com, infiniti-g20)

I most of the time wash my car myself, hand wash of course, and very detailed. Most of the time, I use 3m products, tested the Megguiars product this last weekend, very pleased with them.

Best advise, read a lot on this forum and on automotiveforums, almost all questions have been ask and answered there or here.

=)

·
Registered
109 Posts
some opinions...

1.What I do for gas is use regular octane from reputable comapnies....sometimes I through some Sunoco 94 in there for fun and use fuel injector cleaner once every year...Some people say it is useless, I say I have used in all my cars about once a year and it helps I guess

2.I belive the AT switch stands for (help me out)
Power changes the shift points to get more power out of engine
Comfort would be used for everyday driving it gives a slower progression of shift points...

3.the 93.5, which I have, is an mid-year update, where they added dual airbags, changed some minor interior things, upgrade to non-painted alloy wheels and some other stuff like that...Also took out the automatic seatbelts...

4.I recomend to you to upgrade your wheels at some point...Those 14' rims dont do the car justice...Check out my pic below for my stock upgraded wheels/tires from a 2001 G20...I usually go with goodyear and bridgestone for my car tires.....It is all preference I guess. I recomend www.tirerack.com, they have opinions on all styles of tires there as well...

5.I would really say that once this site goes up (has a lot of potential and a nice layout design, there is no other place to go :cool: ....

6.I wash my car myabe once every 10-14 days maybe more depending on snow...If you care for your car and you live in a "Snow" state, during the winter you should real quickly give your car a rinse for $2 to get all salt off etc...I wax once every other month except in the winter time where it might be wise to bring it to a detailer for like $40 to have them clean and wax the car for you, like I do...Meguirs is a good wax product to use...Summer time wash your car by hand for a better job...

I also recomend those touch free car washes where you pay $5 at like a mobil...They do a good job...DONT USE THOSE BRUSHES AT THE QUARTER WASH EITHER!!!!!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx

Thanks for the washing advise a buddy also suggested the Megguiars product line....

Anyone else wanna step up?:asian:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well it looks like most of your ?'s have been answered but I can throw in my opinion on a few things if you want to here them. Lets see, for gas I just make sure I don't use a station that looks unkempt and run down because they may have bad tanks with sediment in them, for website references I usually look at se-r.net and the forums and of course g20.net will rock once it is up and going =) and for tires I would say get some Yokohama AVS Intermediates they just plain stick, they don't make to much noise, are great in the water and are pretty cheap but I hear they are no good in the snow which I believe because when it drops bellow 40 they get pretty hard and don’t grip very well until you get them warmed up a bit. As for car washing I usually do it by hand unless I'm lazy then I will take it to a touchless wash, I personally will not let anyone wash my car or take it to a brush wash but I'm a little crazy when it comes to my car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Icudie said:

1. What Gas do you Prefer? I use Texaco a buddy uses Chevron with Blah Blah...Does this really matter?
If you haven't made any mods to your engine, any 87 octane gas should do well. Some people swear by certain brands and won't use certain brands but i go wherever is the cheapest. If/when i turbo, that will change. If you make engine modifications (like timing changes) you will need to use higher octane gas (92, usually).

P10 is the designation for the older body style G20's (your year and earlier). P11 is the designation for the 1999-2002 G20's. In Europe they now have the P12 which is completely different from either the P10 or P11. There are pics on automotiveforums.com if you're really interested in seeing it.

I agree with lukeyc3. You should really consider trading up to 16" or better wheels. 14" wheels suck. Tires for them are cheap, but the sidewalls are so large that the tires flex a lot under cornering loads. There are a set of 16" 2002 G20 wheels on eBay right now for ~$350. If you're gonna spring for a new set of tires, you might as well upgrade wheels too. The only bad thing about getting bigger wheels is that once you do you'll want to lower the car. =)

You can check out the old messages on automotiveforums.com. There's lots of G20 info on there from before this forum existed (basically, from the beginning of time until about 2 weeks ago). Start there and by the time you're done reading there will be about 6 gazillion messages on this board for you to go through.

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Hand washing is the only way to go. When i'm in a hurry or the car is really dirty and i don't have time to give it a good washing i'll go to the touchless place down the street. However; those don't really get your car very clean. And the do-it-yourself bays work good for getting off caked on grime, but again, they won't make your car REALLY clean. You can only get that by physically touching the car (preferably with a soft wash mitt). I highly recommend either Zaino or Klasse car polishes. Both are very, very good and are used by professionals. I use Meguiars Gold Class car wash soap. It works good and can be purchased cheaply at Target. You can get a lot of really good washing/detailing info here:

http://autopia-carport.com/

http://properautocare.com

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone youv'e been all very helpful....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts