Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I'm new to this board, but it seems like this is a great site. I just purchased my 1999 G20t (Red) after my lease ended... Now that I own the car I want to sup it up a bit... Since I'm new to aftermarket addons, I want to start small/cheap and work my way up... I have little tech skill so I will need someone else to do the work.. My question what are some semi-cheap addons that I can do that (both inside and outside) that will enhance my car...

I was thinking tinting the windows to start off with... What else would you do?thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
My first few mods would be a Hot Shot CAI, Greddy Evo exhaust, and a Teins. With these basic three things your car should look good and feel more sporty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... I really need to do some more research.... Don;t really know what any of those things are..

2002G20Racer said:
My first few mods would be a Hot Shot CAI, Greddy Evo exhaust, and a Teins. With these basic three things your car should look good and feel more sporty.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
j123vt99 said:
Wow... I really need to do some more research.... Don;t really know what any of those things are..

:) Yup take some time, read through some older posts, do some lurking. Best to absorb some info first then ask questions. :) BTW what area are you in there may be somebody close by that you can meet up with.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
j123vt99 said:
Down in Austin, Texas.... What about the idea of window tinting? good place to at least start?
Since you're in Austin, I highly recommend that before you start investing in mods, please go to the Texas Rally at Throttle Position Motorsports in Denton, Texas on April 20. You'll see a few modded G20's and you'll get a good idea as to what you'll want.:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses so far... I am thinking of doing external mods first... but what does a newbie know :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I say only external you need for now is to drop it. G20's are weak in the engine as is....might as well get some power to it

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
j123vt99 said:
g*d i feel stupid... not really sure what "drop it" means... i need to do some lurking
I think he means lower it, with aftermarket springs. Not by cutting them. Don't worry you'll pick it up soon enough. We all had to start somewhere.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wait four more days and g20.net will have a lot more information and pictures of many of our cars. That should give you not only inspiration for how you want your car to look, but the knowledge to start tackling the process of souping up your car.

Hopefully there will be a How To section that can show you how to perform some of these mods.

·
Registered
118 Posts
you can pretty much do anything that you see out there. It's just a matter of how far you are willing to go

1 - 14 of 14 Posts