Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything you guys can recommend that a newbie do to his g20 that is pretty easy... I changed my wiper blades and was very excited... i know i know... pretty lame.. but we all had to start somewhere.. so what would you do?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Well...oil changes are pretty simple too(look under maintenence section). What else did you have in mind(cosmetics, maintainence, mods,....?):)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cosemtics and mods.... my car is in for maintenance service right now... i want to get the windows tinted next... but want a professional to do it...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What year is your G20. I am assuming a 99?

If you're looking into cosmetic work, you can start off getting some new wheels. New wheels will give your G20 a different look, so that you don't look the same as other G20's. Tinting is a good start. You can then get a suspension setup, which will lower your car and make it look better with the new wheels. Or you could always get a new suspension setup first, then wheels (most ppl would say get a new suspension first, then wheels). Then you can get light brows if you like those and also clear out your corners/tailights. A bodykit if you have a lot of money laying around :). And so on......

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would definitely advise him to clear out his corners if he's on a budget... i love the way my rears look without that stupid yellow thing in there to ruin the whole car

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
j123vt99 said:
cosemtics and mods.... my car is in for maintenance service right now... i want to get the windows tinted next... but want a professional to do it...
Window tinting is nice. I'd go the professional route too. I've seen too many leopard pattern home tint jobs. Makes me wonder if it harder to do than it looks. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
probably going to do window tinting (professional) next weekend.. i did some touch-up paint this weekend, so my car looks a lot better

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also... if they ask what type of tinting should I get.. I see a lot of people get 35%... is that the way to go?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Tint info...

I am a semi-pro at window tinting. I have tinted about 15-20 cars. The following is a summary of my experience.

If you buy GOOD quality-tint, it goes on pretty well. My Integra has 5 years on the tint job I did and still looks as good as the day I did it; No leopard skin. Quality tint is thicker, has a better adhesive, will not stick to itself during the install, and the clear plastic peels off alot easier. I can do relatively flat windows (side) pretty well. The large complex (double) curve windows I still take to the pros. They heat shrink it to the shape of the window and can do the window in ONE piece. If you want a better job done on the side windows, pull the door panels before you take it in. They can then cut the tint to end well below the weather seal. This prevents the tint from catching the edge of the seal and pealing off. Most pro shops will PUSH the weather strip into the window and tint as far as they can reach. If you pull your door panel, they can do it faster and better.

TINT values: I have had both 20% and 35% windows. I like the 35% value because it has a high-end, factory quality look to it and you can still see out of the back window when backing up at night. For general resale value, 35% may be a better selection. 20% may be a better choice for super hot and sunny places like AZ, NM, SoCa, FL, etc. It may also be a better choice for cars with a lot invested in the stereo systems as it is harder to glance in and see what is worth stealing.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
how much does tinting all the side windows and the back generally go for?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The percentage is how much light passes through the window. The smaller the number, the darker the tint. So 35% is lighter than 20%. Anything darker than 35% is illegal in most states.

I got my windows tinted two weeks ago. I paid $300 for all four doors and the rear window. That price is about average, i'd say. You can get by with paying less but you'll probably get a bad quality of tint, poor workmanship, or both.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got a quote for lifetime warranty 35% tints. It was $225

Jim

·
Registered
140 Posts
aside from tinting which will make a whole new look, if u have tha money, go ahead and get it painted, I just got a custom job done on mine, tha color i want, tha way i want, and am extremely happy with it! And tha looks of my car have completely changed!

·
Registered
140 Posts
actually if u have seen any of tha new cougars, tha purpely blue color on those, I love it! With tha black leather and tha tinted windows, it looks good, and sorry no pics yet!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
j123vt99 said:
cue- what color is your g20? do you have a pic with tinting?
My car is "Super Black Obsidian"....or "black". :)

There's a thread with recent pics in this section of the forum. Look for the title "Dropped! Teins are in..."

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got 35% all around. Its pretty easy to see through at night but its hard to see into. But during the day its really light. I would have gotten like 25% or 20% but its illegal around here...don't know about other states

definitely gotta clear out your side repeater, and your blinkers. Looks a lot better.
Tint will definitely help
maybe a stillen lip or a ww lip depending on whether you want your car really aggressive looking or just subtle smoothness.

a new muffler is a must hahahha i hate the stock g20 mufflers...so pussy $H!T looking.

then when you get around to it....slamm your car with TEIN NA.

oh and you gotta clear out your friend side marker....looks nasty with the orange. You can do it custom rather than paying for it online at www.clearcorners.com. I believe they charge 90 bucks a pair.

2002 G20 w/ Sports Package
Black Obsidian
Blacked Out Front Side Markers
Cleared Out Blinkers and Side Repeaters
35% Tint All Around
WW Front Lip
Levoc Racing Pedals
Hyper White: Front and Rear Blinkers, Side Repeaters, Map Lights, Trunk LIght, LicensePlate Light, Backup Lights, Dome Light, Fog Lights
Chrome Painted: Front and Rear Blinkers, Backup Lights
HID Headlights

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks chekmi21....for the ideas... is it pretty hard to clear out the side repeater and blinkers? it sounds like I need to get a dremel kit to do so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts