Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Just picked up a 1999 G20t with 105,000 miles in very nice condition. This forum has been a valuable resource, thanks to all of you!

After a few days with this car and searching threads here, I have a few questions ....

1. Does the 1999 G20 use an "immobilizer/transponder" ignition key? Seems to be some conflicting threads here, but I think the answer is "no". So I can go just about anywhere to get an extra key, right?

2. My G20 has lots of front fender and hood paint chips. What's a good source for touch-up paint? Do those "paint pens" work well?

3. This car had no service records. Are there any known major issues at 100,000 miles that I should take care of quickly?

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would do your basic tune ups, but that goes for any car you buy used.
oil and filter change, spark plugs, tranny and coolent flushes, things like that.
There was a really good thread under the maintaince forum that detailed everything
a person should do. Go there or try a search.

O, and welcome to G20.net :smile:

·
Registered
304 Posts
How do u know if your key has that chip?

I know my car keys have a little blue thing in it, is that what it is?
I have a 1999, but it has some 2000 features so i dunno :X

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome...for more information on the Infiniti G20/G20t's, go to www.wikipedia.org and search for Infiniti G20. You will find lots of usefule information regarding the history of the P10 and P11.

Other sites to check are www.edmunds.com and www.consumerguide.com.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If you don't know the service records, I would definitely do a tune up/oil change and inspect other fluids (power steering, etc).

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SOME 99's have a chipped key? Mine does not and I was able to get a key cut just about anywhere. If you go to a good locksmith, they have a little thing they slide the key into to make sure it's not chipped, but you got you have to find a good locksmith, not a mall kiosk. You may also be able to call everythingg20.com with your VIN and they could verify it for you.

touchup paint, like everyone said above...

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well as a technition i have seen that some 99's have different mafs. some have the p10 se-r style and some have the newer plastic style

1 - 9 of 9 Posts