Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I right in beliving that that the P10 have a different (and better) suspension design than the P11's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
Gaz said:
Am I right in beliving that that the P10 have a different (and better) suspension design than the P11's?
Correct. The P10 has independent rear suspension while the P11 has a log.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,383 Posts
Re: Re: Newer, not necessarily better...?

Geo said:
The P10 has independent rear suspension while the P11 has a log.
I beg to differ...its called a rear torsion beam....it only feels like a log. :(
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: Newer, not necessarily better...?

Geo said:


Correct. The P10 has independent rear suspension while the P11 has a log.
Hmm, last time I checked it was made from metal not wood as Geo would like you to believe. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,409 Posts
Metal or wood, what's the difference? It's still a log, err.. I mean beam. :p
Doesn't the new Spec V have a rear beam too? I believe it is sourced from the Sunny's (i know the Sunny VZ-R has that same rear beam, as they did suspension testing for the new se-r on that chassis)
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
It's better for some things and worse in other. For a fwd car a beam is totally accepable. Keep in mind there is a difference in the beam in a K-car and the G20. You'd probably be mildly surprised at some of the new cars that are coming out with rear suspenion beams now days. *ahem*Matrix/Vibe*ahem*

I guess the BTCC primeras that won 3 champoinship cars suck because they had a rear beam. ;)
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
Re: lol

Chris said:
o.k. so can someone expain the benefits vs. detriment of one vs. the other? P10 vs p11 suspension?
1. cost
2. independent handles rough roads better
3. beam firmly planted rear, harder to spin
4. beam, more compact
5. beam no adjustibility

to name a few.
 

·
"says here on your chart"
Joined
·
4,607 Posts
i think it was sport compact car that did a story on the P11 suspension. it was very detailed and gave all the reasons why nissan went with that setup. i think it was the december issue, i am not sure though. see if you can find it or i guess if i come across is again i will let you know
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
I think it's on se-r.net somewhere. Too lazy to post the link but it's not tough to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
G-Forces said:
I guess the BTCC primeras that won 3 champoinship cars suck because they had a rear beam. ;)
They only used the beam from '99 onwards after being forced to because the Japanese AWD version clause ran out.

Before that, their suspension of choice was from the AWD version (independant)
http://e30m3performance.com/tech_articles/cage_symposium/Primera/Primera.htm
http://www.rastus.force9.co.uk/PreBTCC.html
http://freespace.virgin.net/tjl.thegrove/nissanhistory.htm:bored:
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
T4 Primera said:
They only used the beam from '99 onwards after being forced to because the Japanese AWD version clause ran out.
Ahhh, well details. ;) They still kicked ass in 99 before nissan yoinked the plug. That was a sad day let me tell you. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
P10 WRC said:
i think it was sport compact car that did a story on the P11 suspension. it was very detailed and gave all the reasons why nissan went with that setup. i think it was the december issue, i am not sure though. see if you can find it or i guess if i come across is again i will let you know
Better yet, it should be easy to find on www.se-r.net
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top