Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking in past posts but none made it clear to me what exactly the part # for the ngk spark plugs are for a 96 g20t. I also tried in my owners manual and found nothing of use. Also if I am going to be doing the spark plugs should I go ahead and get a set of NGK wires also?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I am an idiot I just found their website and got the info I needed. It also has on there an oxygen sensor? Should I get one of those? What exactly is it for?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
91maxima said:
Just to make sure it said the # for the plugs was PFR5G-11? and for the wires was NX11?
Nope!

You want the PFR6B-11's if still available or the PFR6G-11's which replaced the prior. If I'm not mistaken, the 5's are the incorrect heat range for the '91-'96 SR20's. I believe the 5's are used on the most recent model SR20's.

Plug wires are correct though.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you still have your owners manual, look at page 9-18 Technical and Consumer Information. It lists th standard plug as PFR6B-11 (Platinum) and the optional plug as BKR6E (Copper). the plats runs for 60,000 and th copper need replaced at 30,000.

I would opt for the manufacturer recommended plug of PFR6B-11 and not the hotter '5' range plug.

I hate to say it, but I do believe the NGK site to be incorrect.

On a side note, back in I believe it was '93 Nissan released a TSB for SR20DE powered vehicles that stated to switch the stock standard PFR5B-11 plug for the PFR6B-11 due to loss of performance, driveability issues, and poor gas mileage. Nissan found it was the incorrect plug to be using.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
91maxima said:
Hey nismo the ngk website said thats what they take... www.ngksparkplugs.com . Are you for sure that I want the 6G?
Also, I just went to the site and it listed the PFR5B-11's. 'B' not 'G'. I chose Cars - Infiniti - 1996 - G20 and that came up.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I just looked in the manual where you said and I do see it but it says for Hot PFR5B-11, Standard PFR6B-11, and Cold PFR7B-11. So.. I am sorta confused, it doesn't state what hot and what cold is etc... I guess it is always safe to stick with the middle one. =)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and I just found a site that states that when modding an engine it is better to switch to a "cooler" plug to avoid severe damage when driving it hard. I am pretty confused now.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Personal opinion here:

Just go buy a set of PFR6B-11's and be done with it. Or do like I did and buy a set of BKR6E's for a lot less an be done with it.

If you do buy the BKR6E's do not buy the BKR6E-11's. They are for the 1.6 GA16DE, not the SR20DE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts