Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ninja-Car is selling the kit in the pic under the title "Nismo Lip Kit", including front, side, and rear lips. It is hard to tell from the picture, but to me it just looks like a stock Primera Te from NZ, except I don't see the sideskirts. They said it is imported from Japan, so I don't know if the trim lines are different there vs. NZ. My question to the forum members is, did Nismo ever make a kit for the P10, and if so, are there pics on the web anywhere? I've looked and I can't find them. Can anyone identify the trim line in the pic, if it is indeed a stock Primera? Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I believe they did make a kit. Any idea on the price?

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
Stevo said:
My question to the forum members is, did Nismo ever make a kit for the P10, and if so, are there pics on the web anywhere?
I don't think so.

BTW, that picture is on page 20 of HyperRev. It is a Nissan Primera 2.0 Te with a GTI-R transplant. That is much as I can read. We need to get a forum translator.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I Emailed the company a while back when they first put that kit u on the webpage. I noticed that they just took a picture off of pg20 in the Hyperrev magazine and was sceptical. They took forever to get back to me and when they did they only told me that its a lip and thats it. Sounds fishy because if its molded off a stock te bumper which is shorter than the usg20 bumper so their might be a bit of modification. I don't care I should be getting the real eurothane stuff shortly. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shan from NinjaCar quoted me $2000 for the kit, and said it takes a couple months to be imported. I am still trying to get more information from him, about where/what the kit exactly comes from, and whether it will fit correctly on a USDM P10. For that much, though, I think it would be cheaper to find a used Te kit from NZ or UK.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Oh my bad I just re-read the email from stan stewart (i think) and he quoted me 2000 bucks and takes two months to get. I still think its weird that he's claiming to sell something made by nismo and its not even in hyperrev. If its for stock TE stuff what a rip off.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
megamotors said:
I just recived an e-maill from nijja car this morning telling me
that the price is not $2000 but $2200 and they want the whole amount pait up front . To me thats alot of $ up front .

$2200 for a lip?

I thought I was crazy for paying $3300 for the IMPUL kit which came with full front/rear bumpers and sideskirts.
:confused:

BTW, I'd be *very* skeptical with this company. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from Shan at NinjaCar:
The Nismo G20 Lip kit is a 4 piece lip kit. Includes Front, sides, and rear.
The thing is, the pic shows a stock Primera TE/GT bumper, which doesn't have a lip, the bumper cover just lips out towards the bottom. Also, it doesn't stick out as far because the USDM cars need extra padding between the bumper and the bumper cover. So the theory is that this padding could be removed and a foreign market bumper cover could be bolted right on to the bumper. I don't think anyones tried this yet, probably because its a very expensive theory to test. It seems logical, though.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Dont be fooled my friend. You are getting thrown a smoke screen. That body kit is a NISSAN. Its a factory primera GT body kit. They want you to pay all this money up front so they can buy it then sell it to you while making a profit at the same time. If you think is talkin smack read this thread. I too am considering this kit. Hows half of what u were told on the price sound??

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=423312#post423312post423312

go to page 3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes I've actually seen that, in fact I already posted in that thread. :) Shipping is probably gonna be pretty steep, but altogether it will be a better deal than NinjaCar for sure. I just wish I knew for sure that the parts will fit on my car... that and for an extra $10K to drop on the G. :D

Also, I believe the Primera TE's and T4's from New Zealand came with the same bodykit. I'm not familiar with all the international P10 trim lines, but I'm sure there are others that came with the kit, too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you need translation.......

If you guys need trabslatin I can help:cheeky: I know japanese so if you need sumtin juss e-mail me or post it up. Japan-Power!:rambo:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: If you need translation.......

G-Ride said:
If you guys need trabslatin I can help:cheeky: I know japanese so if you need sumtin juss e-mail me or post it up. Japan-Power!:rambo:

I take it english isn't your strong language? :p

Actually, that'd be very cool!

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
Re: If you need translation.......

G-Ride said:
There is a book you might of heard of, it is called HyperRev. You can start with that. :D Seriously I would help a bunch if you did though since no one else here knows any Japanese.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well, that's not entirely true....

My fiance speaks/reads Japanese (though she doesn't use it enough to be really fluent). I started to learn Katakana a while back....maybe i should take that back up again.

Now that i think about it, maybe i should ask her to translate the TEIN installation manual for me. :)

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
geez guys...

$2200 US vs:

P10
GT Front bumper 200 USD
GT Rear bumper 260 USD
GT Side Skirts both sides 395 USD

+ Shipping from Denmark sounds pretty darn good!

If you spend $2K on just the kit, you still gotta pay for painting and you'll NEVER EVER recoup that in resale of the car or used parts... sad but true!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buy it from us in denmark, it looks like it is cheaper. CEJ (teamNissan) is a good fair man who will not cheat anyone, i know him personally.

Next time i am at the junkyard i'll look for the parts and maybe catch a great deal for you guys.

Maybe someone will switch kits with me!! show me what you got!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Well get us the prices ( For shipping ) because I really want that lip and side skirts .... thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Hmm.. I wonder what the difference in price would be between an airplane ticket from Phoenix to Toyko/Copenhagen.... :surprised
Actually, it's about $660 to Toyko and $680 to Copenhagen... :nervous: hmm... if i were to get enough body kits, i could probably pay for my ticket, just buy a crate and get everything shipped back in a big crate, motors, turbos, body parts, wheels, etc.... :monkey:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts