Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone will now the answer to this. As of this month, the P12 primera is available in the UK with a 6spd manual gearbox. Does anybody know if P12 'boxes are compatible with a P11?
I hope so:cool:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Feasably. IIRC, that's the same transmission used in the Sentra SE-R Spec-V (B15 Sunny) and the Maxima (A33 Cefiro). In theory, you might be able to use the SE-R mounts to put it under the hood of a P11, but you'd be the first to try it. Honestly, I'd rather have the 5-speed that the Sentra SE-R has (not the Spec-V trim) if it had a Limited Slip device, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 6 speed bites...

All the car magazines here in the U.S. have said the 6 speed is horrible. I guess it has more to do with the mechanism than anything else. Here's what they said in the July Road & Track, "the Spec-V's 6 speed gearbox linkage makes plasticky, clunking noises and it's possible to overshoot the gate on the quick 4-5 upshift" These shifting problems bumped the Spec V to LAST place in a comparo to the Hyundai Tiburon GT V6, Honda Civic SI and Ford SVT Focus.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
They're talking more about the shifter than anything else. I don't remember hearing anything negative about the tranny itself, only the shifter. I didn't really like it when I drove one, however it's not quite as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But yeah, it definitely is the weakpoint of the car, IMO. FWIW, I thought the LSD was pretty good, it seemed to hook up very well. Although that may be just due to the fact that I don't have one in this car now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts