Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone here that owns g20 but gets there car serviced at nissan i really dont want to get my car serviced at my local infiniti anymore i think they are so fake there as far as attitude i have two infiniti's now and its like when me and wify come up there to get our cars serviced they look at me like assholes cuz i'm 21 and own a g and wify is 20 and owns a q u ould think they would lay out the carpet for us but they act so freakin snobby at infiniti thinking that they are better then nissan cars but anyway just wanted to know will nissan be able to service to q45 its 2002 q and 99g20 if not what alternatives are there
thank you
again i deeply apoogize about punctuation i'm at work and am rushing to type all this

casual

·
Registered
616 Posts
Don't know about Florida, but here I won't go to Nissan! They charge the same $85 per hour as Infiniti, but won't give me a loaner or wash my car for me. And as a 20 yr old who bought their first Infiniti at the dealer (and it was the cheapest car on their lot) let me just say that they kissed up to me the whole way through. When I go back and visit for whatever reason, they hold open all the doors for me and treat me like royalty. The best I can hope for at the local Nissan place is that they won't muck up my carpet and will give the car back within an hour of finishing the service. (Just ask me about my 2-hour oil change a few months back.)

Also: Nissan CAN service Infinitis, but they often claim that they can't. My local people are such jerks it's worth the 120 miles to the Infiniti dealership.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My local Nissan folks don't even realize that an Infiniti IS a Nissan!For instance, when I want even the simplest of parts (an oil filter), they look at me like I'm some kind of alien with an exotic spaceship........ obviously NOT "car people".

Maybe for fun, I should argue with them about how much better a Mercury Villager is than a Nissan Quest! Somehow, I doubt they'd get the joke, though.

These same people will gladly sell me some NASCAR / Dodge/ Pepsi-Cola/ WalMart/ Krispy-Kreme/ Hardee's/ Goody's/ Grits-O-Rama/ Talladega/ Stars-N-Bars/ Bo & Luke Duke/ Win-Dixie/ Bubba-Boy 400 Race Commemerative satin-shiny bowling jacket.
Ain't small towns fun?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
DonSwier said:
My local Nissan folks don't even realize that an Infiniti IS a Nissan!For instance, when I want even the simplest of parts (an oil filter), they look at me like I'm some kind of alien with an exotic spaceship........ obviously NOT "car people".
I asked one Nissan parts guy for an '93 intake camshaft and when I told him it was for a G20, he told that the engine parts are not interchangeable even though they're the same engine.:confused:

Originally posted by DonSwier
Maybe for fun, I should argue with them about how much better a Mercury Villager is than a Nissan Quest! Somehow, I doubt they'd get the joke, though.
:p Hate 2 B anal but you're probably right.

Originally posted by DonSwier
These same people will gladly sell me some NASCAR / Dodge/ Pepsi-Cola/ WalMart/ Krispy-Kreme/ Hardee's/ Goody's/ Grits-O-Rama/ Talladega/ Stars-N-Bars/ Bo & Luke Duke/ Win-Dixie/ Bubba-Boy 400 Race Commemerative satin-shiny bowling jacket.
Ain't small towns fun?
:) And you wonder why Nissan's been struggling for the last few years. :dead::)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah the nissan dealer told me they would have to send away for special infiniti parts for my engine, which of course would cost an extra $150 or so. i would save yourself the trouble of dealing with these morons/crooks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't even mention your car is an Infiniti. I went up to my local Nissan dealer and they wouldn't help me out worth a crap. All I wanted was an oil filter. So I go in; "uh yeah, 200SX. Thanks." @$$holes....

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I kinda noticed that too. The moment they hear Infiniti they instantly turn a cold shoulder to you and bluntly say,"We don't have a list of parts for Infiniti. You'll have to go to your Infiniti dealer. Thank you for calling/stopping by." :rolleyes:
What gets me is that some of the Honda and Toyota dealerships here in San Antonio service Acura and Lexus, respectively. :-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
But it goes the other way around, I find. The Infinti dealership will help out with my friend's Nissan, the same way Acura helps out his Civic. I guess it's a higher caliber = higher service? kinda thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts