Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the OEM battery off the Sentra SE-R the same as the one on the P10? Infiniti wants 85 for theirs, Nissan wants 70

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very true what Chris ^ said, why do you want OEM? I am very sure you can get a better battery from someone else. I bought an Optima battery for my G because I run a high voltage audio system.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well if ur gonna spend that much on a battery...get a Gel Cell optima or something of that sort...it may be like $100, but hell you'll never hafta worry about the battery again, it has TONS of amps and cold cranking amps and no leak, no maint, you can mount it in the trunk :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's news to you...

tmak26b said:
Quality. Nissan ones are no more expensive than a Sears Die Hard
Hate to break it to you, but OEM batteries are just rebadged aftermarket batteries. Sometimes they are rebadged CHEAP batteries as they do not want to waste extra money on a battery that outlast the warranty by too much. Buy a battery designed to be a top-of-the-line battery with a warranty to back it up. Optimas are the best you can buy. If you live in any extremely cold OR hot environment, buy a premium battery. If you live in a moderate climate and your battery gets a full charge each time you drive, you can get away with a cheap battery. I have 6 years on a $40 battery from Costco (Price Club) because of Virginias climate and an easy 15 minute drive to work.

Car&Driver (R&T) recently had a letter to the editor and an answer that explains what takes a toll on batteries. Extreme heat and cold, under charging, draining completely and even overcharging all drastically shorten the battery life. They forgot KIDS - leaving the interior lights on overnight - LOL

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yup

I've heard ONLY positive things about OPTIMA batteries..... this is my first and I haven't had it long (about 2 weeks only) so I can't report much yet... although I like the warranty that came with it!

....before that, I bought a car battery for $20 from Trak Auto on one of their last days of being in business for the car I sold (my 90 Celica which was replaced by my G20)... I have no idea how long that will last but it worked great the day I sold the car (2 days after installing it) -- LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
There may be some obvious I'm missing; however, although I understand why a cold climate can take a toll on a battery, I cannot understand why a basic chemical reaction should not be aided by higher temperatures – something less than the surface of the sun, that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts