Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else love these cars? I just bought some model kits off of ebay to build. I got a S-14 and S-15. That will be good to start me off. They are models of the cars in stock form, which I was looking for. My local hobby stores had little to no kits on the Silvias. They had some Skylines, but they didn't have any engine detail. I don't think anyone makes kits of them with detailed engines. Oh well.

Anyways, I think I first fell in love with the S15 when I saw one in person when I was in Australia in 2000. I wish they had brought them in their original form to north america. If I had the means I'd probably get a late model 240SX. But that won't happen as my wife and I are probably going to start a family soon.

I just wanted to hear what people here had, or had in the past pertaining to the Silvia/240's. :)

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
there were 2 people literally around the corner from my house with 2 beautifully done full silvia conversions (1 with right hand drive, the other LHD) and at a Shell station near my house i have seen a 180sx (a TRUE 180sx RHD) fill up gas next to me.

at first i thought the 180sx was BS, but looking at its condition and later talking to the owner, found out it was imported as a parts car and he was just joy riding it till it died. :scared:

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
i woudln't mind one like arjun had, though i don't know much about them. but for me to really like them, i'd have to be able to fit a V8 in the engine bay. a V6 would work too if i could turbo it or something, should get good mileage without a muscle car's sideways-aircraft-carrier aerodynamics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had 1...its was fun while it lasted (wicked fun burnouts) but it became a money pit

if i get some money to toss around im deff getting another 1...they have great performance potential

someone a few blocks from me has a beautifully done S14 conversion with a built DET...sounds amazing

·
Registered
526 Posts
burningsquirrels said:
i woudln't mind one like arjun had, though i don't know much about them. but for me to really like them, i'd have to be able to fit a V8 in the engine bay. a V6 would work too if i could turbo it or something, should get good mileage without a muscle car's sideways-aircraft-carrier aerodynamics.
search on street fire....there is a S13 i believe with a 454.

·
Registered
226 Posts
if there is someone out there that doesn't like 240's i dont know who they are. i have a s13 with a rhd conversion and a rb20det, and every day i get up and its a fight against myself not to drive it to work. these cars are awesome.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had one, sold it just before buying the G20 :( miss it
Had SR20DET and S15 conversion, loved it back before anyone knew what S15 was, no one could tell what kind of car it was, it was awesome.

click my signature for more pics on my cardomain page...

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
i was looking at getting a silvia before the g. but they would have proven unpractical, since i already own another coupe. i got the g instead since it has a sr20 which i was looking to swap into the silvia anyways, except the g if fwd.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
ZoliElo said:
For you 240sx pros. Which one is the better between the S14a SE and LE for modding and a bit of luxury? thanks
The options/combos were a little confusing for the latter 240s. But I'd make sure you got a 5-lug SE with a limited slip, then go from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts