Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a 1991 G20 SR20 5spd...

Odd thing (at least to me is that this car as the Nissan Valve Cover (ie not logo'd Infinity)

What's the probability of this being a swapped engine? or Something else, like head replaced ...

And does anyone else (that has not had an engine swap) have a Nissan badged Valve Cover??

Thanx.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
^^ i've never heard/seen that....but i guess it may be a possibility...

JAYGOTBOOST said:
It could have been a swap from like a sentra or something or just a valve cover swap...Nothing big....
i dunno...if my infiniti came with a nissan valve cover i'd be pretty damn curious as to why. if it was enthusiast owned then there might be your reason (infiniti g20>nissan primera convert) or if it was swapped, you kinda wonder why (p/o driving habits bad?, bad maitenance?)

The Siath, its spelled "INFINITI" ... no "y" :cheese:

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If it's a swapped engine, that's a bonus IMO (if it runs right). Swapped engine = lower miles (these old cars generally have a lot of miles on them and stuff starts to go).

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My 93 has a Nissan VC on it. I think it had an engine swap but I got no way to tell other then there is writing on the side near the top of the block.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks -0- I did look for it but didn't see any post - as I am fairly new here -

So the votes are - car came with it - it's cover swap - it's an engine swap....

(I'd nearly bet it's the 2nd option as I looked today and it's a 'cleaned' cover that was originally black painted (the black is still in the 'tunnel' area - but not anywhere else....)

In order not to start another odd thread - I'm Hijacking my own thread - with a new issue...

I can't get into my trunk - key lock is damaged from an appearant failed attempt to break in, so no it now longer works (can't get key all the way into the lock only about 2/3 way in at best attempt {tried both keys}) - and the thing on door makes couple of 'clicking' noises at the trunk lock - but it stays sealed tight... Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
sounds like the trunk opening motor is gone, the plastic sprokets seem to go. Not being able to open it from the key is a little bit of a problem... maybe try getting in it from the rear seat?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
The Siath said:
In order not to start another odd thread - I'm Hijacking my own thread - with a new issue...

I can't get into my trunk - key lock is damaged from an apparent failed attempt to break in, so no it now longer works (can't get key all the way into the lock only about 2/3 way in at best attempt {tried both keys}) - and the thing on door makes couple of 'clicking' noises at the trunk lock - but it stays sealed tight... Any ideas??
I'm not sure if back in '91 they had this feature but I'm thinking they did - Our cars are equipped with a 'power trunk release' bypass/disable. Basically, there's a slider/lever on the deck-lid latch that you can toggle up/down so that it would disable/prevent you from releasing/opening your trunk via the button from inside the car. It's a security feature so to help prevent someone from breaking into your from popping your trunk easily of they broke into your car. I know, some people will say 'but they could just break into the car and go through the back seat' Sure they can, but that's anywhere near as fast as a 'smash/pop/grab'. So, as 'gomd3' grab a flashlight, crawl through the back seat and see if you can move the toggle switch. IIRC, it gets toggled 'UP' to 'disable' the power deck-lid release feature and 'DOWN' to 'reactivate' it.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
There is actually a similar switch in the glovebox on P10s. Not sure if there's one in the trunk or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So this is the SR20VE - cool -

As for my trunk issue - backseat DOES not fold down - I can pull the cover at the arm rest on the back seat - but due to 2 flat bars and one round bar - I can't reach but maybe a foot and 1/2 into the trunk space - (also I have that disable switch in my glove box, one position = no noise at trunk latch - other position click at trunk latch - but is still locked tight.)

I'll have to get a flashlight and look at the latch from the inside (I had to pull the seat back carpet down - hopefully it won't block me from seeing the latch), it may be possible for me to use a steel rod or something to unlock my trunk - and then I'll look at the adjustments or anything else that may be causing the release not to release...

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
I was asking where you got the idea it was a SR20VE ?? Nobody said that did they ??

Why choose to spell something incorrectly :-\
OK then, I have a Nissan Primere :zoinks:

;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts