Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I saw my ex-girlfriends 2000 Sentra and noticed that she has an automatic trunk pop on her stock keyless entry system. WHAT THE HECK! MY G doesn't have a trunk pop!

I WANT IT! Does anyone know if the Sentra trunk mechanism is a drop in fit for a P11 G? I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult considering it's just a solenoid. I was wondering if anyone has tried adding an automatic trunk release to their G, or know anything about it? Thanks.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Thats odd.

I know 2000+ P11's have the trunk popper on the remote. There's 4 buttons: Lock, Unlock, Trunk, Panic

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
But he drives a '99. Maybe they can retrofit the system onto his car? I dunno, go ask a dealer or something. :-\

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that makes it even easier. I going to get a quote on a 2000+ P11 trunk solenoid. Do you guys still have the manual release latch on the floor? Or has it been totally converted to power?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
On 2000+ I believe it is power.

The button is on the dash and there is no cable attached to it (I believe). The only thing on the floor is the one for the gas flap.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just get a security system with the trunk pop option :). I mean, you have a system - it would be good to protect that from theft.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The '99 I test drove had trunk-pop. And do does my 1994. Are you SURE you don't have it?? Your remote has 4 buttons, doesn't it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I own a '99 with just about every option (no automatic or CD changer) and it does NOT have a trunk button on the remote entry system. You either have to use the key or pop the trunk with the handle next to the drivers seat.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Thats weird, my cousin has a 99' and he has it

·
Registered
710 Posts
my 93.5 has the trunk thingie...which i might add, had to replace the mechanism that pops it open after bout 5 years :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
UGh...

Hey!! Im starting to feel like I got a little screwed with my 99!
I had no idea the later years had truck pops! Ive wanted one of those for awhile..
Geez, the roller rockers, cool door sills (for the 2002s:knockout: ) trunk pops, audiable door lock verification.... what else am i missing?!:surprised

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I have no trunk pop (same as when this thread started obviously). My remote has three buttons, lock, unlock, and panic. Piece of crap. Anyway - I installed my BEAUTIFUL Crimestopper alarm and it has 5 auxilaries...I've hooked up so much to it already that I need the generic trunk pop like everyone else has stock. I'm still in the process of looking into to it so I'll get back to some of u other 99 G peepz without a trunk pop.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I've got a remote trunk pop, full leather interior, and 15 inch rims. When I point out a P11 to any of my friends, they say,"That looks the same as your car." It looks like I'm not missing out on much...

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Your friends need glasses, i think theres a big difference in looks from the P10 to P11 but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Domiken said:
Your friends need glasses, i think theres a big difference in looks from the P10 to P11 but thats just my opinion.
Well of course we on the board and any car enthusiasts would know the difference. But most chicks I've been going out with have thought they didn't really look too far off. And that's okay with me. ;)

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I went out with some chicks that thought my chrome fake rim hubcaps were real rims on my 94' sentra, one was off and they thought i had my spare tire on.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
My 99 is optioned out, except for auto and I do NOT have a trunk release. :( It was one of the things that bugged me from the start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts