Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
let me get this straight. u put in a cd and the antenna goes up. u eject the cd and the antenna goes down.

my best GUESS would be u crossed a wire. make sure the antenna is pluged in right in the back of the cd player. second check that the remote is wired into the power antenna lead. all though, more then likely, thoses 2 are allready correct. might have a problem w/ the cd player itself. if u really wanted to, u could hard wire the power antenna to the battery and use a switch to make it go up and down.

even if the ant is down, u should still be able to pick up a fm station. it will be fuzzy though. if u cant pick anything up, it is prob ur cd player.

this is all guessing and speculation though. i would have to see it to no for sure.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
this is kind of a related question... does anyone else get really shitty reception on the radio. i unplugged the antenna motor because the thing wont go all the way up or down anymore and makes a horrible grinding noise when it tries to. does unplugging this also effectively disconnect the antenna?

·
Registered
411 Posts
it doesnt matter if u unplug it or not. however, if i recall correctly, make sure u just unplug the connection that goes in the white box. leave the top one pluged in.

i had the same problem. what it is is that the chain on ur ant broke. on the ant itself, there is a long cord w/ gears on it. the cord is wraped around inside. when the motor turns, it moves the cord up, thus making the ant go up. i fixed it by goin to the store and buying a new ant. it is real hard to put back together, so if u want to replace it, u better have time and patiences.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah i guess its the teeth on that cord broke off. i was messing with it for a while one day but i couldnt even get the antenna out of the car so i just said screw it ill wait to get some money and have it fixed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
jbloggs_c said:
yeah i guess its the teeth on that cord broke off. i was messing with it for a while one day but i couldnt even get the antenna out of the car so i just said screw it ill wait to get some money and have it fixed.
it is real easy to just get the ant out.just pull back that carpet which is held in by those buttons. pull it back just enough so go past where the jack hole is and to where the ant is. there are only 2 screws holding the whole system in. just unscrew those then unscrew the screw that is at the top of the motor where the ant goes in. then on the bottom there is a hose. it drains the water that falls through the ant. take it off gently. it will break easily. i broke mine and had to use some duck tape. it works though no leaks. then start jiggling the motor. it takes a while to get it out, just be patient. after it is out just unscrew the black part, where the ant went in. u will the see how it all works. just pull out the broken chain.

there are 2 ways to put the ant back in. the one i used i no for sure works great, it just takes like an hour to do. what u do is actually wrap the chain in there the way it goes. then just simply put everything back. the other is that after u get all the broken stuff out, u put it all back together, w/o any ant or chain. u then plug it all back into ur car. have one person turn on ur radio. soon as u here the motor goin tell the person to turn it off. then quickly slip the chain in there. either way u do it, just put everything back as it was when u did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts