Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noise Level at Idle

How loud is your g20 at idle when first starting your car? My wife went from a 99 Honda Civic EX to her new 2002 G20. When starting the car, it seems very loud. I don't think anything is wrong, but her Honda Civic was very quiet compared to her g20. When in "drive" and stopping, it is very quiet, but in "park" the car seems a little too loud for my liking. For my wife to ask me about it means that it is definitely noticeable (she NEVER notices anything when it comes to cars!!)

Basically, all I'm asking is: Is it normal for the car to run very loud when first starting it or just sitting in park? It doesn't seem rough, just loud. Sorry if this is a dumb question!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b-b00gie said:
Was it always this loud?
I wish I could tell you! I never drive the car, my wife does. I asked her the same question and she doesn't know. She is bringing the car in on Monday to have the brakes looked at and to have a warped piece on the dash replaced so I may mention that to the dealer. (The car is 3 weeks old and the brakes are already vibrating!!)

I think I will just listen to it again...... I just bought an '03 Acura TL type S, which is very quiet, so her car always seemed louder to me. I told her it was nothing, but I figured I'd ask here. I may ask the dealer if I can sit in another G20 and start it up to compare.......

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
notmyG20 said:

I may ask the dealer if I can sit in another G20 and start it up to compare.......
That would be a good idea. ;)

Sorry to hear you've had a few problems so soon! :( That's very unusual. My car (and many others) have never been to the dealer except for regular maintenance.

I'm pretty surprised that I've never had *1* problem yet in the 29 months I've owned the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least they aren't major problems! I'm sure if they replace the rotors, the brakes will be good for a while. The dash piece is just something stupid. As far as the loudness goes, I'm not even sure that is a problem!! I'll take the small things as long as nothing major comes up!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Morning start-up is louder for my car, since it is about 1300 rpm when the engine is cold. But the noise dissappear when the engine warms up to about 7-800 rpm, very quiet, barely noticeable.

Have the dealer check it if the noise is loud after the engine warms up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts