Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i have a 91 G20 when i start it a few moments later i hear a weird noice that lasts for about 4 minutes till i drive around for a little while its sort of squeeky anyone have any idea what this can be ?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
meeh too

yeah when i start mah p10 and i start to go everytime i let off the gas then my engine makes a noise like it has a crappy blow off valve, my friends mah fun of me that its a poor mans turbo, jus tha blow off...bastards... well i thought it was my breather not completly bolted down, but that wasnt it, the noise is coming from the lower rear mid of the engine bay on mine... dealer had no suggestions but still charged me the $98 for the hour of poking and prodding of mah baby

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: meeh too

G20JapSpec said:
Hey everyone i have a 91 G20 when i start it a few moments later i hear a weird noice that lasts for about 4 minutes till i drive around for a little while its sort of squeeky anyone have any idea what this can be ?
Timing chain tensioner or throwout bearing

peka2_4u said:
yeah when i start mah p10 and i start to go everytime i let off the gas then my engine makes a noise like it has a crappy blow off valve, my friends mah fun of me that its a poor mans turbo, jus tha blow off...bastards... well i thought it was my breather not completly bolted down, but that wasnt it, the noise is coming from the lower rear mid of the engine bay on mine... dealer had no suggestions but still charged me the $98 for the hour of poking and prodding of mah baby

check your vacuum hoses

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
The noise could even be your belts on the pulleys/motor. My car does that now with the really dry cold out. It for a while would be like.. sqweeek really quick when you started it. But just for that one second.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, i have a 91 g20 and had the same problem as peka2, when i let off the gas a noise emanated from the engine bay. After fiddling around with belts and tightening screws i found out that it came from near the resonator box of the AIV in front of the engine. I just took off the vacuum from the top of the round metal thing called the AIV found just in front of the valve cover, then the noise went away. Oh and i plugged the vacuum hose with a small bolt. I don't know what's inside of these things but the sound has never came back and it was very annoying. Hope this helps and let me know how it turns out.

Ryan

·
Registered
325 Posts
I get the same noise sometimes aswell, when I let off the gas after reving high a little it gos 'ptshhhh' kinda like little blow off valve lol, someone once told me that a whinning noise can also be caused by clogged injection oil rails.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Some places to check for weird noises would be the AC compressor (even with the a/c off), the cams (look for dark/burnt spots on the lobes), loose belts, exhaust manifold heat shield (the bolts like to loosen there way out) and the hood sometimes buzzes like crazy, just turn up the bumper stoppers a little bit to lift it a nut hair off the rad support. Vacuum leaks can also cause noises, but your idle will be very high or low and shaky depending on whats leaking.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I get the same noise sometimes aswell, when I let off the gas after reving high a little it gos 'ptshhhh' kinda like little blow off valve lol
I am experiencing krazeguy's noise and have determined that it is due to the hole that has developed in the middle EGR port plug (threaded ones that screw into the underside of the UPPER intake manifold). On my p10 it is under the intake runner for cylinder #2. I spotted some soot accumulating on top of the intake plenum and took a closer look. I had previously removed the intaje manifold and saw that hole in the plug but did not replace it. When I spotted the soot build-up on the plenum and coolant by-pass hose, I took a piece of stiff, copper electrical wire and attached a piece of paper towel to it and put the paper towel right where that plug is, and sure enough, when I release the throttle, exhaust with soot exits through the hole in the plug and leaves soot on the paper towel.
I also have a tick/ clattering noise when accelerating with the wheels are on the ground, but I do not believe it is due to the hole in this EGR plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts