Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am betting it is something with my AC line, like a vacuum line? But I don't really know where to start looking. Everything seems to be working just fine with the AC/heat at the moment (both at idle and driving).

The noise is coming through the vents (center one, but more so on the passenger side). It almost sounds like a soda bottle that is barely opened, slowly leaking carbonation. All this happens with my climate controls OFF...I hear it about 30%-40% of the time I am in the car. Sometimes a lot less than that.

So where do I start looking? Please tell me I have to take the dash out, b/c that will be fun!

I already looked for a snake and/or homosexual in the dash...I found neither, so don't suggest that!

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
i would say it sounds like your ac compressor is leaking but if ur ac still blows cold that doesnt make sense

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
shoulda told us last sunday, so we couldve heard it...

all the vent doors are opened by motors/actuators/linkage so it can't really be vacuum
get to the point were you can do something that makes the noise happen and so its not just random
but I'd just turn the radio up, because its gunna be a bitch to find

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would say it sounds like your ac compressor is leaking but if ur ac still blows cold that doesnt make sense
Yeah, it's working just fine? And the noise is inside the cabin, not in the bay.

shoulda told us last sunday, so we couldve heard it...

all the vent doors are opened by motors/actuators/linkage so it can't really be vacuum
get to the point were you can do something that makes the noise happen and so its not just random
but I'd just turn the radio up, because its gunna be a bitch to find
Yeah, the G has a few "issues" but I didn't really want to bother ppl at a meet like that...I've been using the radio for a while now as a fix. But I listen to 610 talk in the morning and it's been getting to me lately!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts