Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love almost everything about my new 2002 G20, except some strange noises in the cabin. Particularly when it is cooler, there are creakings and other noises (not rattles) somewhere inside the cabin. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you been able to pinpoint the source(s) of the noises? Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's strange. My car is dead quiet inside (other than tire noise) and i've got a '99.

·
Registered
880 Posts
all i can think of is that it's the temperature difference. When things cool off or expand enough they change size and might creek a little. dunno if that's it but it's just my guess. if so, not anything to worry about.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have heard a lot of people complain about strange creeks and rattles when it gets cold, me included. I have had the dealer look at it about four times now and each time they say they got rid of it but when it gets cold it starts creeking again, now I just turn up the radio and try to ignore it. I have no idea how to fix it but if you figure it out let me know because it is very annoying.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There are a couple of noise sources from the cabin. The most and obvious one is the rattling of the vent tube inside the main vent at 1700 rpm in cold weather. The head rest units are also a source of noise. The sunroof is another one and the retracting mechanism for the seatbelts are also contributing to cabin noise.

Loose changes and loose particle in the armrest and glovebox, respectively, are also contributing to noise pick up in the cabin.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Most of my noises come from the left side of the dash up by the windshield. Another from the rear deck cover. Gonna take them off and Dynamat the hell out of them one day. =)

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Yea i got a noise to seems to be everytime i go over a bump in cooler weather paritcularly morning or night there is a rattling coming from the passanger side of the car somwhere either behind the dash board or under the car it is like a very light rattle of a pie pan. I have not a clue what it is and hope to find out one day but for now loud music solves the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your replies. I have heard several noises similar to what has been described. One rattle I have discovered is the plastic fender liner in the passenger side wheel well - it rattles when I knock on it. Another is in the slide cover in the headliner for the sunroof. There is a plastic/metal interface that creaks and clicks. There are also several noises that come from the general area of the rear of the cabin. I don't have any solutions for these yet. It's interesting, I also own a 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 sedan and there are hardly any interior noises in it. Both cars feel tight and solid and have good fit and finish, but the Infiniti just has more little annoying noises. It is, on the other hand, more fun to drive.

·
LAST5DOA
2,348 Posts
Yeah, when I installed my JWT POP I noticed a buzzing sound in the cockpit.
I finally found the source! To the right of the hood release there is a harness mounted to a metal bracket w/ nothing attached to the harness (anyone know what this harness is for???). I pushed upwards pretty hard on it and the buzzing has stopped.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I GET THAT GOD DAMN NOISE TOOOOO
i know for a fact that the passanger seatbelt is one of the noises cuz i heard it banging against the plastic..another anything thats in the cupholder, or that other holder thingy under the parking brake cuz yea it's plastic (not the quitest material in teh world)
another was some metal thingy for my golf stuff that got stuck under the tire cover in the trunk..so yea it could be a lot of things..just open a window or turn on the radio

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
G-loads said:
The most and obvious one is the rattling of the vent tube inside the main vent at 1700 rpm in cold weather.
I realize it's an old thread, but, I'm bumpin it to see if anyone has had these problems recently, cause I am having them...I think I have this rattle. Is it pretty loud? Sounds like two plastic spoons rattling together from almost the exact location of the two center vents in the dash. Has anyone repaird this? I would love to take my dash apart and try, but I don't even know where to begin taking that dash apart... Would dynomat fix the rattles, or at least muffle them? I have another one (small buzzing rattle, but still annoying) right above my guages inside my dash... hmmm I hate dash rattles more then any other rattle...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't have the rattling tubes, but I do experience creeks from where the front dash meets the windshield, also when I have the sunroof cover open (& the sunroof closed) there is a rattling sound in the front part - minor annoying details, what can ya do. most of the time i have the music turned up anyways...

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
True, they aren't horrible, I can deal, but if I can fix the realativly easily, then I will.. I like driving with out the radio on more often then with it on, so when I have it off I'd like to hear silence over rattles...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
G2002 said:
Yea i got a noise to seems to be everytime i go over a bump in cooler weather paritcularly morning or night there is a rattling coming from the passanger side of the car somwhere either behind the dash board or under the car it is like a very light rattle of a pie pan. I have not a clue what it is and hope to find out one day but for now loud music solves the problem.
I had a similar noise that turned out to be coming from my headlight cover. Check and make sure it isn't loose at all.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
mrksn said:
most of the time i have the music turned up anyways...
see, everyone keeps saying that.. but for me, that's layin down.. I want to solve the problem, not cover it up... :)

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
mattb said:

I'm the same way. Anything that isn't normal is bad, and I fix it.
Yeah, it just isn't right to ignore it I don't think, it'll only get worse! :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
G-ealousy said:

Sounds like two plastic spoons rattling together from almost the exact location of the two center vents in the dash. Has anyone repaird this? I would love to take my dash apart and try, but I don't even know where to begin taking that dash apart... Would dynomat fix the rattles, or at least muffle them?
my moms friend bought a G20 awhile ago and she also said the same thing. i removed my cupholders (these ratlle most of the time) and listened closely but i didn't get the noise on my G. i know this isn't a fix but just wanted to let you know that another G is experiencing the same problems.

hope someone find the fix.:(

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
kei said:

my moms friend bought a G20 awhile ago and she also said the same thing. i removed my cupholders (these ratlle most of the time) and listened closely but i didn't get the noise on my G. i know this isn't a fix but just wanted to let you know that another G is experiencing the same problems.

hope someone find the fix.:(
Hmmm... that's weird kei, maybe just some of them have the problem? Cause I also hear many say they have no rattles...soo... it's weird.. I think it does have to do with living in drastically changing enviroments (like Colorado) where it gets down to -17, then 6 months later, 110... just expans and contracts too much I think... but I'm gonna have to try something..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts