Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I notices some noises which might come from passanger side visor or moonroof when the car goes over some bumpers.

But I can't pinpoint the location.
It seems that it is quite easy to take the visor off, could that be the problem?

Do you guys have any experiences?

Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also have a 2002 sport five speed. What color is yours? I have the same problem. The rattle is coming from the cheap plastic vent/handle on the edge of the sunroof cover. I'm not sure how to fix it. do you have any rattles in the dash or in the doors?

·
Registered
886 Posts
:square: i have recently purchased the same model and year of G20. it seems that i have not experienced that problem but i do have a big time wind noise everytime i drive down the freeway. if you try and place your hand over the window controls on the doors. i feel air coming from inside the door. i have check the doors if there is any open area to it but there is none. so any of you guys experience this on your new G20's sport packege?

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you read Phil Edmunston's Lemon Aid New Car Guide, it says that the G20s were/are prone to squeeks and rattling noises. I had some rattling noises in my dash board that eventually disappeared. I recently brought my car into an Infiniti dealership to have a rattling noise on the front passenger door ivestigated. They never did find the exact source and the technician had to remove the door 3 times and tighten things up and eventually the noises disappeared. I did get a G35 for the day so I didn't mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same problem with the noise (vibration) on the front passanger door. I took it in 4 times and it still makes that noise especially around 65-70 MPH. They took apart the door and could not fine anything wrong with the door. I'm still very upset about it! :(

·
Registered
886 Posts
so i guess i'm not the only one who experienced the noise coming from the doors. this is for mannyb (if ever you get to read it). i'm interested with the book you mentioned about the lemon laws. would you be so kind to give me more info on how to acquire it? i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is silver.

My car door doesn't make any noise.
I think it is the moonroof board, but it sounds from the sun visor.
I touched the board, it makes exactly same sound.

I will change oil soon, I will ask dealer to check it.

About the lemo law, does it covers this kind of minor problem? I doubt it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
MannyB said:
I recently brought my car into an Infiniti dealership to have a rattling noise on the front passenger door ivestigated. They never did find the exact source and the technician had to remove the door 3 times and tighten things up and eventually the noises disappeared. I did get a G35 for the day so I didn't mind.

Yo! I got the squeaks too! I've located the source as the rear passenger side door. It's progressively getting worse. Did you have to pay to get it repaired or is it covered under warranty? Did they pin point the problem to a certain part or did they just tighten everything?

·
Registered
80 Posts
yah thats another think bout the G that i dont like.. i feel like its "cheaply" made or put together. Like doesnt feel as "solid" as other cars do.. know what i mean? Like when you close the door, and the window is open, it makes a rattle sound... and just things feel kinda weak. Like the power windows... kinda stick right before they go down, and just dont feel very solid. kinda hard to explain, but im sure some of you feel the same way.

as for the rattling noises. I have many. you guys have the rattling noise when you go over bumps in the dash area? like where the dash meets the front windshield. Sounds like something is rubbing against each other when i go over bumps. Another place that rattles for me is that piece on the front driver side where the tweeter speaker is. down that piece over by the front winshield is loose too. I also get the rattling in the door sometimes... but i think it might be the seat belt holder. Look where the top of your seatbelt is. They device that lets you slide it up and down.. there is a plastic piece in there that can move freely. I think when we go over bumps n stuff, you hear that rattling against the other plastic. Sorry if its confusing what im talkin bout, but thats the best i can do.

as for the people who went to the dealership to get it fixed... did they find the noise in the door?? and were they able to fix it? what about the noises in the dash?

·
Registered
128 Posts
My service job was under warranty. The Infiniti dealership never did pin point the exact source of the door rattle. They just took off the panel 3 times and tightened things up. So far it hasn't come back. I do get some noises from the front when I drive over large bumps but I can live with it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Haha...can I just tell you how many G's come in with squeak/rattle problems. I've fixed tons of 'em, there are way too many repair bulletins on them for me to post here. If you have a new G you can bring it to the dealer and they should be able to fix the rattle or wind noise, pin-pointing the problem is hard sometimes so it may take a few times, so go easy on us techs.;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
G20-tech said:
If you have a new G you can bring it to the dealer and they should be able to fix the rattle or wind noise

Hey G20-tech: How new is new? I have a 2000 model, just wondering if they're going to charge me for the job or if it's covered by warranty.

·
Registered
579 Posts
As long as your under 60K miles, it should still be covered.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, Imma have to take mine into the local Kentucky dealer and tell them to fix all the noises. lol

Figure it will take them about a week. Everything rattles, the front window defog vent (where the factory LED is) is the worst. With the dash on the left where the dimmer controls are being 2nd worst.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bruing20 said:

Yo! I got the squeaks too! I've located the source as the rear passenger side door. It's progressively getting worse. Did you have to pay to get it repaired or is it covered under warranty? Did they pin point the problem to a certain part or did they just tighten everything?
The dealership never did find out the exact cause of the squeeking. They just tightened everything up and since then, it's been fine. The work was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Quick question for u (and the other guys that took theirs in to the dealer), did you have an aftermarket cd player or subs installed in your car? My dealer blamed me for the rattles, well not me, but my aftermarket stereo. They said it caused them... Just wondering if anyone else with a stereo had their dealer say that.

Thanks,
Brad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts