Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
tmak26b said:
Hey guys, I want to run non platinum plugs on my P10. Which one should i get from Nissan, also are they pregapped?
You do not need to purchase them for Nissan. If you have a parts store around that sells NGK, they should be cheaper there.

You'll want the BKR6E V-Power Copper Plugs. They are pregapped, but always check to make sure they are correct. The correct gap should be 0.031-0.035.

NOTE: Do not buy the BKR6E-11's. They are for the GA16DE, not the SR20DE.

Shouldn't run more than like $8-$9 for the set. Good luck!

Also, if could have done a search on the forum and prob' find a lot of discussion on plugs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
tmak26b said:
Hey guys, I want to run non platinum plugs on my P10. Which one should i get from Nissan, also are they pregapped?

I'm curious why you don't want to run platinum plugs. I understand theat they're expensive, but I think that the performance and reliability that they bring to the SR20DE are really worth it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
why does it say in the manual and on a sticker under the hood there is no need to check the gap?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
jbloggs_c said:
why does it say in the manual and on a sticker under the hood there is no need to check the gap?
Because the Plat plugs are suppose to be somewhat maintenance free for the complete 60,000 miles.

You usually have to check/replace standard plugs at smaller intervals and also make sure the standard plugs gaps have not gotten smaller. The metals used on standard plugs are not as strong as the platinum, therefore have a tendency to bend over time.

I am running the Copper V-power and have been for quite some time now. They are a great alternative to the Plats and the only major difference between the two, besides the gap, is the price. The Coppers last for 30,000 miles and 2 sets of Coppers are still cheaper than 1 set of Platinums.

The overall performance and durability of the SR20DE is not compromised by using the Coppers at all. Even the owners manual lists those as an alternate replacement (Conventional is how they state it)

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I chose not to use platinum plugs, I would definitely go with iridium plugs. The combination of that and some premium synthetic engine oil and filter, and I won't have to open my hood for years at a time! :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Why? Is that a conductivity issue or something? And if so, why not just use silver, the most conductive metal there is....

Also, would getting Densom iridium plugs be a nice replacement for platinums? My friend has 'em in his Civic and he really recommends them, or are the NGKs all powerful?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be amazed if your friend can tell the difference between reg plugs and the idiot plugs as i call it. On a stock car, waste of time and money. Maybe thats why Civic owners tell me that their stickers make them faster

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
tmak26b said:
I will be amazed if your friend can tell the difference between reg plugs and the idiot plugs as i call it. On a stock car, waste of time and money. Maybe thats why Civic owners tell me that their stickers make them faster
I thought so too. "But it gives me 5HP across the board!" Hmmm, so does running an open airbox.

·
Registered
158 Posts
" I will be amazed if your friend can tell the difference between reg plugs and the idiot plugs as i call it. On a stock car, waste of time and money. Maybe thats why Civic owners tell me that their stickers make them faster."

tmak26b!!!

I just cracked up reading yours man! I think that's funny :lol: I can't stop smiling about it =)

============================================

I used Bosch those 4 corners freakin' thing?! I bought it just to see the difference from the regular plugs. At first, my G felt fast and furious on the road. Could it be psychologically? Well, next time I'll try the NGK plat's. Then, if I don't feel the difference..., I will try the Iridium. I just like experimenting. Like tmak26b have mentioned..., it could possibly make it faster. If Honda Civic owners make their car go faster with a sticker, why not plugs?! =) ;) :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
There were discussions something like this @ AF and I mentioned..., why not gold?! Costly to produce and other relative advantages and disadvantages. Silver?! It might be very weak to handle heat and could melt easily? But, silver is know to be one of the best to use as a speaker wire. I have researched this long time ago and found out that many people experimented with it and had great results. I wish I have time to discover it myself. It could be bought at the jewelry place as a thin wire. I believe some company are selling them. Go to Google and search for it when you have time so that yo can learn more about the benefit of using silver as a speaker wires. Sorry, it's out of the topic :D :tired: :x Oh what about Cesium 137??? (man that's nasty and not a joke) So you don't have to worry about any plugs, because your G will be gone ;) just kidding folks =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.