Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mustered up the courage to do my first customization on my G20 by myself. I have always been an DYI kinda guy, but not when it comes to cars.

I can do the basic stuff, oil change, plug change, brake pads, brake line bleed--however I have never intentionally ruined anything on the car... until today.

I pulled out my headlights to do the stealth corners to my P11. I don't know why everyone seems to have a problem with the 3rd nut, it was pretty much 'right there.' ... Yeah, that's a lie, I was about to push my socket wrench into my eyeball and swirl it around, like you would do with the last bit of your milkshake and straw.

Anywho, upon pulling the headlights from their secured position, I dropped not one, but BOTH of the nuts to the nefarious 3rd bolts.

After dancing around with my corner light in hand for 3 hours (give or take a couple of minutes), shaking the yellow crap out, I fastened everything back up. The lights are fairly secure, however a swift kick would definitely break the top securing tabs.

Anyone have an idea of the measurements of my lost companions?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
10 mm. If you have to take the light with you to the hardware store & buy a couple of em.
After you get then take a small piece of paper and put it inside the socket then the nut that way it stays in place.
Use a 10mm deepwell and the small extention. ;)

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
i'm also missing one 3rd nut. i hate that f*cker, it's a tight fit with my sausage fingers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, my driver light took me about... 3 1/2 hours to pull and clean from the yellow junk. My passenger was out and in, in about 35 minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 mm. If you have to take the light with you to the hardware store & buy a couple of em.
After you get then take a small piece of paper and put it inside the socket then the nut that way it stays in place.
Thanks Uncle D!~

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
3 hrs, holy bawlz. :zoinks:
I understand, it's a tough one at first. trust me the paper will save your life cause you have to fish the extention/socket down then in so the paper holds the nut in the socket while your getting it in place.

·
Registered
966 Posts
That's what I do....works like a charm!!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts