Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think it is safe to run a dry 75 shot on my bolt-on motor w/o upgrading the injectors or fuel pump. I know the fuel pump should be good for around a 100 hp shot, but I'm not sure about the injectors. Does anyone have the formula for max injector flow? i saw it a few months back in SCC. Thanks :cheeky:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I wouldn't try it personally. You might be able to get away with it, but not for long. If you are going with that size shot I would seriously consider a JWT Nitrous setup, it is MUCH safer. I know with the 100shot kit, they recommend upgrading the injectors (and i think the fuel pump and MAF).

A local SE-R guy did a 100shot on his SE-R and he upgraded the MAF, Injectors, and Fuel pump. JWT just programmed the ecu to accomodate these things for him too.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
JWT makes a great NOS kit for the 99- G20's. Comes with a ECU with 2 programs. A custom program module is installed inside the ECU that switches between two engine control programs. Program #1 is the normal performance program. Program #2 is activated only when the nitrous arming switch is on, and the throttle has been fully depressed.

If your just gonna get a standered NOS setup I would go with a 50 shot to be on the safe side. Better to run with less HP then not run at all.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Like the other guys said don't put NOS in your car. I personally think that it is a waste to put it in your car unless you have reworked internals. I don't think it's safe(engine wise), you can blow a piston and screw up your engine pretty fast. It's not worth it to me. That's just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have rean a 50 shot wet system for 2 years with no fuel delivery upgrades and no problems at all. I do think it is safe to run a 75.

The great part about the system is it can be installed in as little as 4-hours. Now thats quick HP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been spraying for about a yr now w/ a 50 shot . This guy i talked to said just because you spray a 50 doesn't mean your sparying 50. My dyno says I'm putting down 181.3 horses at the wheels. Before the NoS it was a nimble 100 hp. He said that your engine makes compression on its own so you have to be real careful about wut you spray. Just this past weekend my boy fried his rings in his civic. My car is holding up with the stock pump and stuff...Just Be Safe Wit This Stuff....=)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G20-NoS said:
I've been spraying for about a yr now w/ a 50 shot . This guy i talked to said just because you spray a 50 doesn't mean your sparying 50. My dyno says I'm putting down 181.3 horses at the wheels. Before the NoS it was a nimble 100 hp.
100hp seems about 15-20hp low for a stock sr20 motor. What other mods do you have on your car, intake, header, exhaust, anything like that? Also, how much torque did your car put down?

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
the most you will prbably get form a 75 shot is about 40k miles on your engine. it's just the way it happens, so you might really think about going to jwt for thier setup, it seems safer and maybe you will get more miles on that motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts