Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing new, but might be amusing to hear a non-car guy fumble his way around.....

This was nothing drastic, but I made my first 2 mods last night.

Ordered Crome kickplates and Clear Side Markers from INFINITIPARTSUSA.

I thought the side markers were going to be a straight forward, but it got interesting....

First off, I knew there was a way to pop the side markers off, but was afraid to muscle things around. So I decided to take the front wheel off and removed the plastic molding in the wheel well. Only had to do that once as I quickly found exactly how to pop the light housing out for the second one.

Second, the bulb connections that came with my new clear marker were not an exact match for the factory connections. I don't get real excited about cutting wires and making the bulb connections fit, so I decided to use the factory light assembly with the clear marker housing. Needless to say the factory bulb does not fit into the clear marker housing. The factory part as 3(one large and 2 smaller)plastic "knobs" that hold the light in the housing and the clear marker had 4 of these "knobs". I wound up cutting the 2 smaller "knobs" off the factory bulb and only using the large one to hold the bulb in place. Everything fit pretty snug so I don't think I will have any issues with the bulb coming out of the housing.

I kept the bulb from ordered markers and figure if I see an easy step by step on converting the factory connection I can go back and do it.

I managed the kickplates without incident. ;)

Now on to removing the glove box to look at the cabin filters.

·
Registered
180 Posts
another easy mod

get some dental floss and take the lettering off the back, it make the back look muck smoother. It only takes a few minutes, but make sure you have some good bug and tar remover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking....

I have been debating that one....talk myself into it then get cold feet.

You have any idea how hard is to reapply them if I decide to?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i don't think you really can reapply them. you would have to buy some 3m double sided adhesive tape (the grey stuff for outdoor use) and use that to stick them back on. personally, i like mine on there.

i replaced my kickplates too. nice, aren't they! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
it's not all that hard to put them back on, you just need some automotive glue, it's what they used to get them on in the first place! I personally think it looks great and several of my friends noticed it the day i did it (these are not car people at all) but it's up to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts