Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, looks like I have a bad radiator. Was leaking coolant. Took it into autozone who ran a coolant pressure test. Could see the leaks squirting out of the radiator. No white smoke/overheating, no oil in coolant- so I tend to think this is REALLY the issue.

I'm truly a novice. They seemed to think I'd be able to replace it myself. Do you agree? Looks like I can get one for around $70-80. Othewise, I'd at like a $330 repair bill at a shop.

Thoughts, suggestions, guides for doing it?

Thanks!

·
G hoarder
2,322 Posts
it is definately a fairly easy diy job, just read up on it and know how you get air out of the system. might as well change the t stat while your coolant system is open. so get a radiator, t stat, coolant, and some grey rtv. plan to spend 4-5 hours on your first rad job. i could probably get it done in an hour now, would be my 5th radiator change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is definately a fairly easy diy job, just read up on it and know how you get air out of the system. might as well change the t stat while your coolant system is open. so get a radiator, t stat, coolant, and some grey rtv. plan to spend 4-5 hours on your first rad job. i could probably get it done in an hour now, would be my 5th radiator change.
I actually just had the thermostat go back on me maybe 6 months ago and replaced that. I'm more inclined to do the hoses. Also, what's everyone's experiences ordering parts online? Autozone is 155, plus tax, so like 170, vs this on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-R...nfiniti|Model:G20&hash=item27bfb6c9c8&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just replaced mine about a month ago. Its really easy. You will need to remove the plastic guards underneath the front. Drain the radiator. Disconnect the radiator hoses and the transmission ones if you have an automatic. Disconnect the electrical connectors for the fans. you can prob remove the fans at this time too and disconnect the overflow tube. Then remove the two brackets at the top that holds the radiator in. You should be able the pull it straight out. Installation obviously in reverse order.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I have a koyo OE used radiator laying around for a P11. Works perfectly, no leaks. I want to get rid of it, and would be happy to know it went to someone on the forum who can use it. I sent you a PM if you still need a radiator, I can ship tomorrow morning so that you can get it early next week.

Let me know if you're interested in my offer, I can shoot you my paypal. Just basically cover the shipping man and its yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.