Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some number plates via internet (uk). G20 NET = £700
($1300?). or P11 PGT = £366 ($700?). PGT stands for primera GT.
Not too sure which plate to go for. What do you think guy's!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
GT UK said:
Found some number plates via internet (uk). G20 NET = £700
($1300?). or P11 PGT = £366 ($700?). PGT stands for primera GT.
Not too sure which plate to go for. What do you think guy's!!!!
What's the usual price for number plates?

FF Drifter said:
What are number plates? Are they like license plates?
Yes. In Great Britain (if I understand it correctly), you own your numbers and can sell them.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: Number plates

Geo said:
Yes. In Great Britain (if I understand it correctly), you own your numbers and can sell them.
Really? Damn, why does every country have a cooler license plate system than ours....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Number plates

FF Drifter said:

Really? Damn, why does every country have a cooler license plate system than ours....
What? Are you kidding? I'll bet all our British friends wish they had it as good as us. I can get virtually anything I want up to 8 characters. I have a friend with a SE-R.NET license plate. Yes, it even includes the "dot". And that's all for a relatively few bucks.

I think we have it good.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah, we are fairly limited as to what we can have. It always has to follow the same format as a regular plate

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
xenobait said:
yeah, we are fairly limited as to what we can have. It always has to follow the same format as a regular plate

The one thing I do like is that you can paint the "plate" onto the nose of your cars, or at least you used to be able to. I hate the look of our plates on the front of some cars.

·
Registered
311 Posts
that depends. If you do paint it on, I think the background has to be a retro-reflective paint...
A lot of painted ones are plain white backrounds and aren't strictly legal, though this depends on the age of the car. Some very old classic cars are still allowed black plates with silver writing, because that was the style of plae at the time the car was built, you wouldn't get away with that on a modern car.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
basically in the uk you can by licence plates from a goverment agency (dvla) or from private companies.You cannot make your own plate up the registration number has to be one that was used on a past car.The dvla issue all the regisrtions so its up to them what is released,for example the reg G20 NET would of been issued to a car in a specific area of the uk between august 1989 and july 31 1990 but if you bought this reg for you car, the car must have been registered after 1989 and not before.So i can put this reg on my 1999 GT,i hope this clears everything up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts