Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NW meet in Olympia, Washington

sorry the title says spanaway. ok you guys. I think that we should all meet in Olympia on either September 7th or 14th. I say then because it's a saturday, and some of you have talked about needing time to get the day off and talk to your parents or whatever. I really don't care about how far I have to drive but I really want to see everyones cars and meet you all. Olympia is a good place because it's at least a drive for everyone. I don't mind being the whole get together coordinator but I would really like for this to happen.=) Please right back and tell me if it's a stupid idea or not, and if you can do it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, Yes, Im back from my trip.

I passed through Spanaway on my way up to Auburn on Friday, and while I might venture that it seems like a nice place, it is way to far out of the way for us Oregonians. If we are meeting in Washington, I suggest something more like Kelso or there abouts. I also know some nice, very nice roads to drive in Kalama, not far south of Kelso.

How is your car doin Laura?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything is fixed except for my rims and my fender and front bumper. I get my Centerforce dual friction stage 3 clutch in on thrusday though, so I'm gonna be in beaverton all day bored to tears.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok..well the meet is next saturday and it'll be at 2pm. I'll get you the exact place tomorrow night. We're gonna find a place that has a pretty big paved area to play around on. depending on how long people stay you may want to bring monry to go to a food joint.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, I'm going down to Olympia tomorrow(today) to check out some things. Hopefully I can find a nice spot. I'll post when I get back from the journey. God speed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. Here's the info.
Who:NW G20 owners, and innocent victims of horrible drivers that made theses victims total their beautiful g20's.
When: Next saturday, the 14th. 2pm till whenever people want to leave. you may want to bring some extra cash to go eat dinner if we stay that long.
Where: Olympia, Washington. Take Sleater-Kinney Exit #108A. It's the mall right off the freeway. Go to the Sears parking lot.
Why: to meet other G owners in the area and of course to look at the cars!=)

Well I hope to see everyone there. If you haven't talked to me personally or sent me a message then your still completely welcome to come. The more the merrier. If anyone needs to get a hold of me, I will have my cell. 503-409-9690. see ya there!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll try to make it down. Let me know the exact details of where we'll be meeting. I suggest trying to find a parking lot that probably won't be used on a Saturday (business complex of some sort). Close proximity to a Red Robin is a plus. :)

I'm curious as to how far people will be driving to make it to this meet. I think that a few people will not be willing to drive to Olympia when they live in Seattle or up north on the East Side. And i KNOW that very few people would be willing to go from Seattle to Kelso. Not only is it a very long, boring drive but there's nothing to do in Kelso. I also think that the more people who are committed to showing up, the further people will drive to attend. I wouldn't mind driving clear to Portland if i knew there were going to be 50 cars in attendance. But when only 5 or 6 cars show, it makes the trip seem less worthwhile.

My $0.02

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be driving about 200 miles myself. I don't mind the drive. Yeah. I went to Kelso on saturday. A bunch of nothing but the mall and bowling over there. I know nothing about Olympia so i had one of the other guys check it out for me. The parking lot is in a mall and in the back. He actually found it on a saturday around noonish, so I don't think that it'll look much different next saturday two hours later. So far there will be about 8 people there. I personally haven't seen a whole lot og G's over here and the ones I have sen are driven by older chinese people or snobby 15 year old chicks that have done absolutely nothing to them, so maybe there just aren't a whole lot of G's to recruit. I'm sure some of you have seen some other people that you might talk to and invite.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You were pretty much the organizer for this meet and you've done most of the legwork. If you can't make it then i think it would be best to reschedule. Plus, if we put it off another couple of weeks perhaps we can get some of the guys from the last Seattle meet to attend. Heck, we might be able to meet somewhere and caravan from Seattle to Olympia.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah. good ideas. You might have to talk to them though, cuz I don't know the people that were at the last meet. what does everybody else think if we were to reschedule the meet to say..The first or second weekend of October? the 5th or the 12th?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
what happened to the car and you this time?is everything ok or is there more damage.. i really feel sorry for this turn of luck for you
be safe out there and take care..
casual

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ok. I'm not sure, but i think I told you guys it's the sixth. That saturday is the 5th, just to make sure and double check and all. I will be there for sure this time. Unless of course I get in another crash and total another car.:cool: Ok. If everyone would be able to come then there would be 14 of us. That doesn't inlcude people not on this forum, and 14 is alot. I've read about some with 5 so if you need some inspiration to come then there you go.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OK. Here's the info.
Who:NW G20 owners, and innocent victims of horrible drivers that made theses victims total their beautiful g20's.
When: Next saturday, the 5th. 2pm till whenever people want to leave. you may want to bring some extra cash to go eat dinner if we stay that long.
Where: Olympia, Washington. Take Sleater-Kinney Exit #108A. It's the mall right off the freeway. Go to the Sears parking lot.
Why: to meet other G owners in the area and of course to look at the cars!=)

Well I hope to see everyone there. If you haven't talked to me personally or sent me a message then your still completely welcome to come. The more the merrier. If anyone needs to get a hold of me, I will have my cell that friday and saturday. see ya there!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK everyone. There are at least 8 of us coming for sure and 2 other people have just pm'd me so the list may still be growing. I feel like such an idiot. My name is Laura. You might need that if your gonna be calling me huh? I'm a blonde at heart, sorry folks. Anyways. Four more days to go. If you want to bring cameras then go for it. I'll be bringing a camcorder and a camera myself. I'll write one more time before the meet. Probably Thursday evening.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
g20chick said:
OK everyone. There are at least 8 of us coming for sure and 2 other people have just pm'd me so the list may still be growing. I feel like such an idiot. My name is Laura. You might need that if your gonna be calling me huh? I'm a blonde at heart, sorry folks. Anyways. Four more days to go. If you want to bring cameras then go for it. I'll be bringing a camcorder and a camera myself. I'll write one more time before the meet. Probably Thursday evening.
so Laura or anyone else, how was the turnout?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts