Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
25441 - 25460 of 25477 Posts

· Registered
24,171 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. I'll probably come down, but I don't know if I'll bring the p10. I'm thinking about pulling the DE out and forcing myself to actually install the P12 VE I've had sitting under the workbench in Charles garage for like 11 years.

· Registered
1,259 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. I'll probably come down, but I don't know if I'll bring the p10. I'm thinking about pulling the DE out and forcing myself to actually install the P12 VE I've had sitting under the workbench in Charles garage for like 11 years.
Do it after WCC. That would be cool

· Registered
1,747 Posts
Do it!

ok so the bumpers/side skirts/reinforcements thing from Amayama is dead in the water. Now they say it’s out of stock. I check with JP-carpart too they confirmed.

Dane’s my only hope

· Registered
1,747 Posts
So the rear bumper saga continues. New information on what is still available from Nissan
So 85022-56J25 is still available according to a live person at RHD Japan. This is a Te bumper. $950 to ship it and $350 for the bumper coverDifference from the other parts I was quoted for at Amayama and JP Carpart this is an unpainted one part.

A curiosity has emerged from this 85022-65J25 also looks like it is available, again, unpainted. What is different is that this part number supposedly for the T4. Looking at brochures I can’t really see a difference between the bumpers either.

· Registered
24,171 Posts
oh, finally something Colin knows.

T4, front bumpers are the same. Rear bumpers are the same.... except the cutout for the exhaust is further to the right because the exhaust is different with the whole having to go around an axle in addition to the suspension. Honestly you probably wouldn't notice much on a darker car because it is underneath the lip, or you could fill it in with another piece of plastic.

Have you asked Nissan of Olympia? aka nissanparts.cc? I asked back in like February and they said they couldn't at that time because Nissan was changing on how they get all their unobtanium stuff from japan and I was supposed to check again in like 90 days but I didn't.

Also BTW I want to powder coat a bunch of stuff soon, I'll send you a message tomorrow if I remember.

· Registered
1,747 Posts
I was hoping you would! Thanks for the info, sounds like a minor enough change.

I haven't asked them. I knew they carried JDM parts, but thought they only really cater to S/R/Z chassis cars. I do watch their Youtube every once in a while to get the discount coupon. I generally order from Courtesy Nissan in Texas because they still don't charge sales tax lol Anyway I probably should see whats up.

Anyway yep let me know on the coating, we'll get it done!

· Registered
24,171 Posts
I asked Olympia today, they said no go on the rear bumper. Lame. I shouldn't have sold my 3rd spare two years ago. Oh well.

I've sort of given up on the VE for now. TRLR is going for paint in two weeks, there are some things I want to finish before I hand it over so that will keep me busy as I continue to obsess over little details.

· Registered
1,747 Posts
I never did call them. Does that mean it is no longer available? Or they won’t order it? Courtesy told me a while back now it was about a 6 month wait for stuff from Japan hence I never tried. That also was not JDM specific parts, just parts that needed to come from Japan.
Anyway I also realized it mixed up what was out of stock on the tow hook covers, KL0 is available. KH3 is the one that wasn’t.

· Registered
1,747 Posts
@trbobrk i hear (read) that you have a secret euro dual installation instructions (how to cut core support). I’m sure I can figure it out on my own but I want to minimize any extra cuts. Can you send me some instructions when you have a chance.

also I’m guessing my KH3 car has a T4 bumper
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Registered
1,747 Posts
Didn't you just weld the core support in? Should have got the euro one.

Personally, I wouldn't cut the support again, cut the headlamps instead. I think that is what Dane did.
I welded in the lower part only. The core support afaik sold in multiple pieces. I would weld in the headlight aprons/cups or whatever too if I could get some. You know a place I could get some Online?

I had seen the post wherethey cut up the back side of the headlight. Was trying to avoid it as I wanted to use the supports are much as I could.

25441 - 25460 of 25477 Posts